• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Bipolar Any experience with mixed states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImSad

MyPTSD Pro
Pretty sure I’m in a mixed mania state right now. A few days ago I spent the entire day switching between sobbing and laying on the ground screaming. The next day I got an impulsive tattoo which I already regret. I’ve gine from feeling the irritable parts of mania while also feeling depressed and hopeless and it’s just exhausting.

I am also wondering if ptsd could be triggering this? There have been some traumatic events happening at work lately which has triggered past trauma. Lots of other stressors too.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or know how to manage it better? I’m on meds but they’re either not working or can only do so much, I’m really not sure.

I don’t specifically do what you’re talking about but I am used to mixed states and it can be confusing disorienting all sorts of things. Almost like of Vortx to some degree once it starts.

I don’t specifically do what you’re talking about but I am used to mixed states and it can be confusing disorienting all sorts of things. Almost like of Vortx to some degree once it starts.

I Researched NLP’s anchoring technique. It allowed me to stabilize to an object or an action of some sort if I felt that I was starting to go into a multi state event. It took some practice and I practised when life was calm Not sure if that’s helpful to you at all but I thought I just way in a little bit just in case.

@shimmerz thanks for that suggestion. I definitely think some sort of daily mindful practice/routine. I did switch shifts at work to work days, so I get home with enough time to make a routine and practice self care. Hopefully that will help stabilize.

@Ronin i don’t think it’s the meds. Unless it’s that they need to be upped, but I’ve been on this med for coming up on a year now with no adverse reactions. But I am experiencing a few life transitions and stressful events, so I’m sure that’s a big part of it.

I did switch shifts at work to work days

Can’t the switch in day regime / sleep hours be what is throwing your mood so bad off? For it can take time to get used to, even more if you are changing between night / day schedules.

Can’t the switch in day regime / sleep hours be what is throwing your mood so bad off? For it can take time to get used to, even more if you are changing between night / day schedules.

That’s probably very true. Although I did notice it starting before that, it definitely intensified after the switch as it’s both a schedule change and I lost a lot of sleep in the schedule change. Just going to hope with time and settling in will help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back