• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone Heard Of / Tried EFT For PTSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonmaiden

New Here
Has anyone heard of E.F.T. (Emotional Freedom Technique)? It's a modality that was developed by a man called Gary Craig based on acupressure points and (I think) Neurolinguistic Programming.

Gary has a website wherein therapists all write about their experiences using this with their patients. I've used it a few times for different things and it does work - it seem like you need to pick your wording for the "set up" pretty carefully. That what always trips me up.

It seems to work with the subconscious mind.

Wondered if anyone has heard of it.

moonmaiden - Patricia

Yes, I just started working on it 3 days ago and posted some info in the success story section of the forum.

So far it has minimized the symptoms of Acid Reflux in just two days. I'm amazed!

Tammy

Yep, tried it with my T and on my own. Initially, it was too stimulating to deal with in an 'aroused' state (high SUDS level). Even though the over-stimulation subsided with practice and it did on occassion lower my SUDS to a more managable level, I choose not to use it anymore for my own reasons. I find the grounding, relaxation, and breathing techniques easier and more effective and reliable.

Dear moonmaiden/Patricia,

I have read about it and went to the website (also subscribed to the newsletter) but no, I personally haven't had it done to me or for me by another person. I too have wondered if it would help, especially during high stress times and when triggered by events or sights/smells etc. There aren't any practitioners even close to me. I would have to take a trip out of state to meet with one, I did note on the website they can do this over the phone or you can tap yourself down but I have not had any real success. I'm rather hesitant to put any more money into anything at this late date. But, thanks for putting it out here to consider as a possible option. Hope it does work for others, I would like to give it a try as I'm willing to do whatever to alleviate those high anxiety moments or depressive episodes.

Sincerely, map9

map9, there is a free manual you can print that describes EFT and shows the meridian points to tap. I printed that off and started on it before I read the whole manual and I have went two days free of symptoms of Acid Reflux and haven't taken any medication for it in three days.

I do this myself and as I get better I will try it on my son. I already tapped his temples for 10 minutes and it relaxed him, but it didn't make him fall asleep like it does me.

Maybe if you read the manual and try again you will have some success?

Tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back