• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone Tried The Rewind Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa

MyPTSD Pro
Has anyone tried the Rewind Technique? My therapist has asked me to do this with him. I've heard EMDR is good but can also do more damage in some cases, and I am wondering what people's experiences have been with this technique? They say it is VERY successful, but I am wary of something that professes to be so successful. I'm also not sure I could do the relaxation easily, so I'm a bit apprehensive at the idea. But sort of hopeful at trying something new that just might help.

Thoughts, experiences, opinions, ideas if anyone has any please!

Can you explain more what the "rewind" is?

I know what EMDR is and won't even think of it as too much trauma so too high risk for me. I won't even think of hypnotherapy as afraid of flood gates. But I have never heard of rewind... New name for a common treatment or something new?

Should know I will have my ideas :) Just nothing to go on to make one.

Yes Lisa, tell us more. I do something in therapy that sounds like it could be this. What's his plan?

Hm, okay I don't know much about it but I've been told it's basically about deep relaxation, and then playing a memory, but in some funky distanced way by using imagery (looking at yourself looking at a video screen). Then I think the memory is played backwards in your mind to bring down arousal, by processing the memories in the higher visual cortex. I don't know too much about it, I'm waiting to receive some more information because I'm a bit nervy at the prospect.

Thanks Anthony, that's great.

I saw my Therapist yesterday. He didn't mention the technique but I assume that's because at the moment I need to concentrate on just surviving. In September when I am back at Uni., and can see him regularly I guess the technique will be tried then. I will make sure I give feedback on how it goes!

Lisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back