• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone Try Tapping Cure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needcalm

New Here
Was looking up anxiety when workmen in the house and came upon this page. Sadly, my intense anxiety attacks over past few years are not just with workman, but with the mere act of are waking up. Do many others share this phenomenon of slowly improving thru the day till you feel ok at night, only to repeat every time you wake? I can’t even nap anymore as it starts all over. Anxiety meds only help a bit. Doubt it’s sleep apnea cause not gasping for breath or snoring.

Been listening to Claire Weeks who attributes it to sensitized nerves and our fear and bewilderment over it. I did have early trauma with death of my mother in same bed as me when in grade school. But now more than 50 years later? Never had this kind of everyday panic before. Weeks thinks these things don’t matter. But the body never forgets as they say.

Anyone have luck with this Tapping Cure? Like everyone else, looking for answers and help.

Welcome to the forum @Needcalm!

I moved your thread to Treatment and Therapy forum, as it is the more appropriate area and likely to receive more responses. I recommend you take a look at our
Help Pages so you can get a better idea of how the forum works and tips on posting.

Do many others share this phenomenon of slowly improving thru the day till you feel ok at night, only to repeat every time you wake?
That’s one of my patterns.

Another is the exact opposite… where I wake up fine and gradually get worse throughout the day. There are maaaaaaybe a dozen other patterns I’ve become familiar with? I’ve never actually listened them out all in one place, I’ve just become conversant in dealing with them as they come up. Both improving throughout the day, and getting worse throughout the day tend to have arcs of 3-9mo. The “IDFK how I’m going to wake up,” pattern where it could be either? Or something wildly different? Is a short run. Usually a few weeks, tops. <<< Knowing both the patterns themselves, and the length of time they usually run for? Gives me a lot of tools to deal with them… but they still suck, and it’s vexing as hell to find myself smack dab back in THIS, again.
Anyone have luck with this Tapping Cure?
I use a lot of sensory tricks (all 5 senses, in different ways), & sensorimotor (IE conscious movement) to circumvent autonomic/unconscious responses. There are a LOT of nerve endings in the fingers, so that’s one area that can hit both, when done deliberately… whether it’s tapping, or rolling sandalwood beads, or similar (like playing musical instruments, typing, etc.).

Neither actually cures anything, they’re just coping mechanisms, but quite effective ones. Especially as just one component of many.

Anyone have luck with this Tapping Cure?

^Yes and still use it from time to time for a variety of issues and symptoms. It does work for me some what. It is not a miracle cure but very worthwhile to know how to do, implement when needed and have in your arsenal of psych weapons. :)

^Yes and still use it from time to time for a variety of issues and symptoms. It does work for me some what. It is not a miracle cure but very worthwhile to know how to do, implement when needed and have in your arsenal of psych weapons. :)
Yes I have. It works well for me. Could be my musical background but I find it takes a bit to find the right frequency. When I get it right its very relaxing. I usually do collarbones and knees.
It's another tool in the toolbox of stress reduction.

yes, I see it as self hypnosis. Used for online therapy sessions with limited success. There are better ones I use but it is a tool I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back