• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Appetite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitoshi

MyPTSD Pro
I'm not sure where to put this because this symptom is related to a high stress anxiety situation that currently isn't going to be resolved until Tuesday at the earliest. It's related to my internship, but it is also trigger-related to anxiety and PTSD symptoms? And it's related to food as a direct symptom?

Admin please move if this is an inappropriate section. :)

I was very unsafe yesterday so I'm just starting to gain control of myself back.

I want to clarify I AM SAFE today thanks to my T, and my fiance.

Here's my thing: I can't seem to figure out how to force myself to eat. I'm not hungry, haven't eaten in at least 24 hours (more if you want to count that I couldn't keep anything down yesterday).

Today I consumed: A glass of Dr. Pepper pop that I forced myself to drink because I was worried about my lack of food consumption.

My fiance made me food but I dry-heaved even smelling it.

I can't bring myself to eat anything it all looks unappetizing. How do you get yourself to eat anything when it all looks nausea-inducing? Are there strategies I could do?

yep. go buy a tasty one if you have to, but I know smoothies have been helping me. I have upgraded to blending fruits and veggies together. The last time I struggled to eat was through a period of hyperarousal. This, out of any other time, is imperative for you to try to do some relaxation. Hopefully you get through this sooner

Hi guys,

Just an update. I'm going to try and go out and get protein shakes today. I tried to keep down chicken broth and it wouldn't stay down last night. I officially haven't been able to keep anything down for 48 hours.

Hi everyone,

Success. I managed to eat a little yesterday. Also, a phone call helped my anxiety come down a little and just launched a tidal wave signal to my brain of "HUNGRY" so maybe that helped, too.

I ate solid food yesterday (Taco Bell taco, but hey, it's something). I also had brown bread and a quarter cup of coffee today.

I'm gearing up to fight my university and my internship placement for proper supervision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back