• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Are You Clumsy?

Are You Clumsy?

• Yes, I am always bumping into things and injuring myself.

Votes: 77 62.1%
  • Sometimes I am clumsy but not always.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • No, I am just as coordinated as I always was.

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

batgirl

MyPTSD Pro
I find I am very clumsy, I'm always bumping into things or tripping or getting my fingers and toes caught in things. I have bruises everywhere. Before I had PTSD I was involved in team sports and dancing and I was very coordinated and graceful but now I don't seem to have the same abilities to dance or play sports as I used to. I feel very physically awkward a lot of the time.

Hmmm...I put two and two together with this poll. When my symptoms are up, my nickname of 'Grace' really kicks in. I think it's because the twitches and hypervigilence is higher along with everything else.

I use fencing for an example for myself since it requires a lot of balance and coordination. When I'm not having a good day (symptom wise), I've fallen on my ass, tripped, told myself to move (i.e. hand, foot) and the message seemed to get lost somewhere along the way...all while fencing. Fortunately I can laugh at myself when I'm fubar'd!

Lisa

I've actually been called "grace" in reference to my clumsiness for years. I'm a well known klutz and so is my son!

bec

OK, fine, I admit it. I have lost so much coordination it just is not funny. Lately due to weight. I have been so skinny forever that now I seem to have issues compensating for turns and I can not see my short kids and fall into walls so mommy Godzilla does not smash them. Either way hand eye is off and depth goes very wacky at times now.

I've been athletic and pretty coordinated for most of my life, but when I'm having certain flashbacks, watch out. I feel like a stumbling little kid then.

I was also an athlete and on the court/field etc I was fine....but I've always been a bit of a clutz...Maybe it's because I'm left-handed...?

RD, I'm a lefty, too! I think that did hold me back in my younger childhood years, but guess I eventually got more coordinated.

I'm awfully clumsy, always have been. In fact, I am currently sitting on a wad of tissue because I spilt half my coke on my chair! However, have to say I have hearing impairment so I am more likely to be off balance.

It is mainly my hand to eye coordination that gives me trouble.

Do Not ask me to hammer a nail into the wall if you want to keep your wall.

If you value you china or stemware Do NOt request me to touch them in any way

I'm not clumsy. I have really good balance, but I was a gymnast as a child and now I coach it. Maybe that has something to do with it? I tend to be very aware of my surroundings and rarely trip over toys or hit corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back