• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Study Article on PTSD, genetics and inflammation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the study and I can't make heads or tails of it. I'm quite surprised a scholarly journal like Nature would publish something as weird as this paper. It seems counter to everything we know about PTSD ... sort of like those people who say AIDS isn't caused by HIV.

I'm quite surprised a scholarly journal like Nature would publish something as weird as this paper
The journal is actually Brain, Behaviour and Immunity :)

I'm very sceptical of their findings and the conclusions they drew.
Their experimental method is pretty unsound/questionable in a number of areas, including their use of microarrays in gene expression analysis and their small sample size.

I'm also confused how their PTSD sample group was n=39, but the respective sample sizes for high intrusion (n = 22) vs. low intrusion (n = 24) symptoms don't add up. So they've either considered participants from the control group as having "low intrusion" (not a control, then), or they've considered some participants twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back