• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Asking the police to search the dark web?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with others that, if you wanted to enquire about this with the police, it will become a bigger, more formal process than you just casually asking the question and seeing what they say.

If you did want to start some sort of enquiry/get it looked into, the first step would be to go to your local police station. They may not ultimately have the necessary expertise and resources on site and I imagine (though don’t know for sure - I am certainly no expert on this!) that after collecting some basic info, if they think it has legs, they will involve other agencies.

It may be, for instance, that the NCA (National Crime Agency) would investigate - they deal with serious organised crime here in the UK. So, sexual exploitation with content distribution on the dark web may well fall under their jurisdiction. But you would report to police first.

You don’t really just put in a call to NCA or MI5.

Wishing you well with it, whatever you decide to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back