Atheist unite!!

enough

MyPTSD Pro
wow.

As an ex firefighter I take arson very seriously and hope that the severity of the punishment for that act alone keeps him out of danger for a long time.

If anything this brainiac should be kept away just for his amazing display of stupidity: Setting an arson fire? Dumb. Doing it as a hate motivated crime? Dumber. Hanging around the scene until the video could be downloaded and a suspect ID given to the police? Dumberer. Giving a public confession when confronted? Priceless.

I still don't know the religion but does it matter? This guy didn't have a grasp of the very real criminal justice system, let alone the made up fantasy ones. It matters not one bit what religion he disgraced by claiming membership. I change my guess to "whichever one got their hooks in him first" with the caveat-"who cares?"

enough

MyPTSD Pro
Wondering ... how many of us atheists here chose to be atheists? Were any of us raised to check the "None" box under "Preferred faith?"
chose my beliefs. My pragmatic thought processes started pretty early in life, and in spite of the applied efforts of a very practiced in the art religious organization, I stayed with my core disbelief of all things not proven. I don't believe in 12 volts after the battery dies, what else do you want me to believe? Really?
We are born wanting to reproduce and live as long as possible, even forever. We all know what the first profession was, any one care to guess what the second one was?

I just meant "Christian" in general, so you win. But yeah, the guy is such a cheerleader for Jesus that he's proud of his act, expecting to be rewarded for it when he dies and hoping to inspire copycats.

Christians tend to make fun of Muslim terrorists and the 72 virgins waiting for them after they blow themselves (and others) up. But this is absolutely no different.

enough

MyPTSD Pro
Nothing funny about Islamic Jihad. But desiring 72 virgins? Thats funny. You don't have to be christian to be a little amazed by that.

bellbird

Sponsor
Wondering ... how many of us atheists here chose to be atheists? Were any of us raised to check the "None" box under "Preferred faith?"
I was raised without any religious doctrine or conditioning, and to date any ideologies I have been exposed to simply haven't convinced me.

I guess in that sense I was raised to check "none", but equally there was never a requirement to not believe in any gods, just the encouragement to think critically and reach conclusions based on evidence.