• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Avpd, need to admit ptsd get dx

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHatGirl

Learning
Hello I'm a divorced fe. in my mid 40's. My abuser(primary) was dad. He was a toxic Narcissist.
I've also got ADHD that's considered severe. I've lead a very stray cat life(I heard that somewhere and totally identified). I've not had the care I should have. I've also had traumas to my neck in motor vehical accidents too. I have developed Fibro, and other things yet undiagnosed. I feel pretty alone because I've never known another person diagnosed as AVPD, just some with PTSD. I'm trying to make more sense of this all and ask for SSI at his point in my life but shameful feelings create problems with self confidence even through I really want to succeed at several major life goals.

I'm looking for others who know what it's like to live with AVPD/PTSD and how to get more help so I can do better, have a stable living situation, love, etc...(you get the gist).

I had to look it up because I have never seen it by the initials only. My diagnosis is PTSD but I am pretty sure I have avoidant personality disorder I am just waiting for my new psychiatrist to get to know me better before I ask. There are people here with both diagnosed. I would say more but since I haven't been officially diagnosed I am hesitant to say too much.

Welcome!

I basically came clean with a closer relative and said I am ready to seek care for ptsd.I am afraid though since it is a sibling they will discount the info. Because I am usually blamed in the familt for over-reacting. I had had my feelings and experiences if abuse discounted to my face all my life by 3 family members. Ironically I think that person just had another experience with a daughter un law with much of the same related trauma issues.

Avpd, Avoidant Personality Disorder.

and I highly suspect my parents and at least one of two siblings having other disorders or characteristics of multiples ones too.
(Yes, I have education in Psych).

I'm looking for others who know what it's like to live with AVPD/PTSD and how to get more help so I can do better, have a stable living situation, love, etc...(you get the gist).
Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like a first step might be finding a doctor who can get you a referral, so you can get a more complete diagnosis and the right kind of therapy. Sounds like you have not been formally diagnosed with PTSD, is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back