Sufferer Back for support

I was a member before. I have ptsd. Doomsday prepper huband. I am back in therapy. Looking hard at me now. Why I am still getting caught up in this,
Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that you are back in therapy and taking steps to prioritize your well-being. It's understandable to question why we may still find ourselves getting caught up in certain patterns or situations, even when we're actively working on our healing.

Remember, healing from PTSD is a complex process that can take time, patience, and support. It's not uncommon to experience setbacks or find ourselves getting caught up in old patterns. These setbacks can sometimes provide us with invaluable insights into areas that still need healing and growth.

Connecting with others who have had similar experiences can be incredibly helpful on your journey. The myptsd.com community is here to provide that support. By sharing our experiences and learning from one another, we can gain new perspectives, strategies, and encouragement.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to explore the different forums on myptsd.com. There are specific areas where you can discuss topics related to relationships, family support, and personal progress. Engaging with others who understand what you're going through can be extremely validating and empowering.

While peer support is valuable, it's also important to continue working closely with your therapist. They can provide the professional guidance and intervention necessary to help you navigate through your current challenges.

Remember, healing is not a linear process, and it's okay to have ups and downs along the way. Stay compassionate with yourself as you continue on your healing journey and know that you are not alone.

Can someone set me straight. Why does anyone especially if you have ptsd have to keep up with the news? Husband says those who are not are weak indenial etc. The world events are beyond horrible, I have told him if society falls apart I will not live. I am on a few prescriptions including for seizure prophylaxis. I have repeated ad neausum this risk to people. They don't seem to care. That is their problem. Husband says when I say this - that is your choice. WtF?

Why does anyone especially if you have ptsd have to keep up with the news?
Nope. No need. News can often upset people with PTSD.
Husband says those who are not are weak indenial etc.
Your husbands view is just that, his view. His view is not right nor wrong. He needs to learn that, not you. There are a myriad of ways to be up-to date with current events, and mainstream news is not part of that. The web is good. Do you have to? No. Not knowing what goes on in the world is up to each person. It can have positive or negative outcomes as a result of knowing or not knowing.

When I was pretty bad with my PTSD I didn't go near current events. Same reasons as you, its often just shit. I did eventually work it back into my life, because my option is that I like to know what goes on in the world. Not really the bad shit, bad I can often see patterns in things and know which way some things will swing.

Doomsday preppers are often very paranoid. Paranoid people should not be watching mainstream news, because its usually BS. The primary TV news is either one way or the other, same with news papers and their digital print. Very rarely do they share the full picture, but instead their narrative and agenda.

Its your personal choice. Nobody should be telling you to be current with events or not. That is their opinion, their choice, not your opinion or your choice. Discuss it with your husband if he keeps trying to push you towards it.

Back