• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Back - I Was in The Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

batgirl

MyPTSD Pro
Hey. It feels weird to post again. I just got home from the hospital yesterday. I was admittted on December 2 because I contracted an infection after surgery. I was very sick and in a tremendous amount of pain, so I'm so relieved to be feeling somewhat normal again. I'm barely well enough to be discharged, but there is a hospital worker's strike here now, so all patients who are not absolutely dying were sent home. Gotta love the Canadian Health Care System. Bleah.

So I'm still recovering. I'm on painkillers, very tired and sleeping a lot. I lost 12 pounds, which means I now weigh a grand total of 92 pounds (about 42 kg)!!! I am short but still it's a pretty low weight for me, I really need to gain now. My uncle said if I lose any more weight they won't be able to find me. :rolleyes: He and my aunt are here now, staying with me until I get better. They might even be here for Christmas. It has been really good for me having them here, I don't know how I would have fared alone. I don't deserve them though. I've had some really insane fights with my uncle, and been generally quite rotten and bitchy. I'm apologizing for my behaviour daily. I feel bad that they have to put up with me.

I feel especially bad because I just learned that my uncle is going to Afghanistan in January! If they had just told me that earlier, I would have tried much, much harder to be pleasant. I'm terrified about him going there. I don't want him to get hurt. :crybaby:

Close to 40 Canadian soldiers were killed in Afghanistan this year. He's not just a regular soldier, he's older and higher in rank but anyone can get killed!! Actually I don't know how I'm going to handle it when he goes. I thought I was finished forever with the whole deployment thing after my father's death, and I vowed never to marry someone in the military. I'm probably going to be crying and freaking out the whole time he's gone. I can write him letters, but still I feel pretty horrible. At least he's retiring from the military soon after, but I wish he could just retire NOW. I hate war.

Anyways just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive. I'm resting and I'm not sure how much I will feel like posting. Hope you are all doing well.

Batgirl! I'm so sorry you were ill! Please rest and take care of yourself! I hope that you continually get better...

I am SO glad that your aunt and uncle are there. (And to think, I said to give him the boot!) They've already proven that they love you. You're already forgiven for your behavior.

I hate war too. I wish it was done and over with. I know I have a simplistic mind when it comes to war, but why can't we just leave? I'm sorry that your uncle has to go. We are here for you...

Allright. I am batgirl's Uncle Jim. Swore up and down I wouldn't write here but I need to comment.

batgirl said:
I've had some really insane fights with my uncle, and been generally quite rotten and bitchy. I'm apologizing for my behaviour daily. I feel bad that they have to put up with me.

You've been very ill. Still are for christ's sake. Those fights we had were only arguments, and not nearly as bad as you are making them out to be. You are exaggerating, my girl. Please stop apologizing and beating on yourself.

And no worries Nam. I could use a boot now and then.

Jim.

Batgirl

As Nam has said, we're all here for you and I hope you are feelings lots better soon. Sorry you were sick and please take good care.

I'm with Jim on this one. My boot will be coming though batgirl if you don't rest... pretty please, rest.

I already know whats going through you head in regards to your uncle deploying, and we can discuss that once your better. I know because I have been on both sides, ie. my operational experience and then my wife deployed on operations. The rest in regard to your father I have a fair idea from our discussions.

Once again though, I am not discussing this with you until your better. You know it, and I know it, when we get into it, its going to hurt you. You need to be 110% before that occurs.

I am just so glad batgirl that you have such a loving family surrounding you. You just have to accept it now and not put yourself down because people just really do care. Accept it and give yourself back... you've been without it for a long time now... just start accepting people do care about you.

First you rest up, hon! Now I am tickeled shitless your uncle is being so active in understanding and learning. And now you have your aunt there. You have a lot on your side.

Deployment is hard. I cannot even say... My BIL retires in a couple years but he keeps being sent to Korea and the sand box. It is scary to think they may come home like us. I know you are hurting about it, you cannot help it. But aside from all that he posted here. Welcome Jim.

Remember they are not putting up with you, they are loving you. And what seems like a horrible fight in our minds is not the same to others (though we do get a lil' over board) We can have a habit of blowing things out of proportion.

You get some rest and sorry about y'alls healthcare system... I would be in bad shape with that. I think I am going to have to just rebuild retirement I spent. And compared to y'all that is a "just"! You get some rest and try to enjoy the help. I am amazed with it really.

Jim Welcome! I'm glad you decided to say hello! Thank you for taking care of my friend.

Whoa Uncle Jim you posted!! lol. Thanks everyone. Not going to comment much for now, but thanks so much. I'm kind of out it. I'm not even sure what day it is. Yesterday I slept for 13 hours straight, then was up for less than an hour in the middle of the night, crashed again, slept again until just now!! And I'm feeling tired again. God.

then hop to it girl! Go to sleeeeeeeep! You just got orders to rest. :sleeping: :sleeping:

batgirl, don't feel bad about sleeping! that allows your body to heal and fight infection, etc. much better when you are asleep.
cathy

Batgirl, glad to hear you're doing better. Sleep is our body's way of helping in the healing process, so don't fight it. Do what you have to to get better and then worry about coming here to post.

Jim, glad to have you here. It'll help both you and Batgirl. My husband posts on this site occasionally, but he reads much more! He is educating himself in the whys of my actions due to PTSD and I hope you are doing the same.

Batgirl, git to bed.

Glares into submission *erm*
glad you're okay. Sleep is very good hon. Very very good.

Waves to her Uncle. 'lo. Can I kick ypou too? Pretty please? *begs*
erm, for no reason. Just have a few *erm* violent tendancies the last erm. . . month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back