1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Relationship Experience - I Was Used And Can't Get Over It

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AZPilot, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZPilot

AZPilot New Member

Hello,

First off, I joined this forum for a few reasons:

1. I felt I needed support from people outside of my current group of friends and family.
    2. I felt I needed support from ordinary individuals. Counseling did not seem to be an option, partly due to occupational reasons, among other things.
    3. I felt that if I did not attempt to help myself more than I already have tried, things would never get better.

Although I haven't been "officially" diagnosed with PTSD, I've read up on it enough lately that I seem to fit a few of the criteria.

My shortened story:

About a year and a half ago, I told a friend of mine how strongly I felt for her over the previous year knowing her, and received a reaction that I still can't make any sense of. The night it happened, I learned she didn't feel the same way about me, and she openly admitted to using me physically. After I became upset, she slapped me and told me to "snap out of it." The following day (I picked her up from her town to visit with me for the weekend) I asked her a few questions on the way back to her place to make some kind of understanding out of everything...mostly "why?" questions to which I hardly got an answer - mostly just sarcasm. The whole ordeal ended sharply with her request that I don't contact her again.

Perhaps I was too naiive...except that I felt I had to tell her how I felt about her because she seemed like "the one" and I was afraid that she might "slip away."

Now, I have struggled to maintain a relationship where I can feel anything for the other person. Along with this is the guilt of dating someone who I know is better person, yet I can't get over the girl from way-back-when. Occasionally she shows up in my dreams. Sometimes I think I see someone that "could be" her, or simply looks like her in public. No matter how hard I try to distract myself, eventually an idle moment causes me to think about her again. I've stayed awake numerous nights, with thoughts about what happened reeling through my head. I didn't consider myself to have a more serious problem until recently, deciding that longer than a year was more than plenty to get over someone.

I still cannot understand why this has taken so long for me, and I hope that discussing with others who have had similar experiences on this forum might help me to recover my ability of having a normal relationship, and learn to trust and love someone else.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

From what you describe is a far cry from PTSD. Maybe broken hearted and a bit obsessive in nature but not PTSD. This link may help. [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/misc.php?do=page&template=forms[/DLMURL]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar