• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Because I Said So... So My Husband Believes Anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband now tells me that I "WILL" do this or that, "because he said so..". He has this crazy idea, that because he speaks those words that everyone in the world will listen to him and because he wants it this way or that, that is the way it will be.

I am not the same person he left back in September and I told him he could not talk to me in this manner and even though I do love him, not to push it too far.

I don't know what has happened to him, they say PTSD, but I am not so sure it is that, but either way, should he not have some responsibility.

All I asked him to do for me was to take our son to the dentist. I hardly ever ask him to take him to an appointment, but he just said he did not know and he would have to get back with me tomorrow and I told him that the appointment was for tomorrow and that I needed a yes or no answer and when I said why, he said "because I said so..." and "you will not get a yes or no answer...".

I am working two jobs and taking care of our son who has been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and whom is a very talented child and has been tested and is going into "gifted" classes next year in school. This man who left us financially in a strain and the divorce courts are still holding us up, thinks he can just tell me "because he said so"... What is this?

Do you all hold your spouses accountable for things? He thinks he should have not responsibility and is living with his "mommie" and she does everything for him and he "blows" all his money while I am behind on the mortgage, etc... because he walked out and left us. Why do the courts let people do this? I am told now by my lawyer that I may as well let him walk, because the judge will just make us sell everything anyway. He did not pay a dime on this property, it was given to me as a gift and now he just gets to walk away and leave me and I lose everything? That does not seem too fair to me.

Anyway, just had to vent and see if there was anyone else out there that gets this from their husbands or ex-husbands or whatever the case may be.

dazed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back