• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Beginning Again

When is the next total eclipse? 😅 Because being blessed enough to be able to photograph that today was one of the best experiences and I want to do it again and again lol.

My favorite from today.

IMG_7418.jpeg

Very cool you got to experience it!
I've only experienced a partial one, many years ago and that was very non-spectacular... More like an average cloud passing in front of the sun. But a full eclipse must be a different kettle of fish altogether. No wonder ancient cultures thought they were some amazingly powerful "sign" - they had no idea what on earth was going on and it must've been very surreal and shocking for them.

Very cool you got to experience it!
I've only experienced a partial one, many years ago and that was very non-spectacular... More like an average cloud passing in front of the sun. But a full eclipse must be a different kettle of fish altogether. No wonder ancient cultures thought they were some amazingly powerful "sign" - they had no idea what on earth was going on and it must've been very surreal and shocking for them.

Right! I’ve been in a couple of partials and had largely the same reaction. Cool enough but meh. But this, this was a hell of an experience. Way too quick but pretty powerful nonetheless.

Nice ☺️
It's good to see a positive experience bringing people together. It's been a rough time the last few years... We could do with more positive communal experiences, I reckon.

I managed to get some things done over the last couple of days. Not all chores, some is more play, but it’s things other than laying in bed and sleeping some more.

I bought a new pool for the dogs (just one of the little ones but in summer heat it’s invaluable). I amended a family members taxes for them. Watched and got photos of the eclipse which spurred me on to take more photos again.

Yesterday was even better though, I actually managed to write some real words! Not just brainstorming and planning. I was able to do 510 on the mafia romance, 14 on a personal one (sounds low, is low, but it’s a particularly hard one that I still don’t fully know where I’m going with it, and 94 on a contest prompt that I did zero planning for, just relaxed and wrote and it flowed really well. I also made a little graphic for my nephews baby registry announcement.

I’m hoping I can have a repeat today. But today is a therapy day so we shall see how I fare. My goal for today is to:

Take niece to school
Clean my room
Maybe write
Do therapy
Do some decompression art
Work

Oh mania, how I’ve missed you my productive friend. I got soooo much done today, yard work, spent a moment clearing out things from an outdoor shed, cleaned the kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, and front porch. Wrote 1,242 words, and painted!

But now I’m pure exhausted and have work tomorrow. Pray I have the energy.

Feeling the need to cry within a dream is a weird sensation.

Dreamt I was with some family on Halloween and watching their four year old experience walking down a fully decorated and exciting street for the first time that they can really understand and experience it and my dream brain loved seeing that excitement and wonder on his face and immediately started wanting to cry because it isn’t fair that my childhood got taken away from me. It’s not fully true, I had Halloweens. But I was jaded and experienced and never truly got to move through life with a full sense of wonderment and excitement and experience things in the way a child should.

And it’s not fair.

Back