Childhood Being spanked traumatised me

Pea

New Here
Even after some of the other awful stuff that happened, that to me was always the worst. I get a lot of anxiety and panic constantly wondering if a child is being abused. I know some people on here dont see spanking as abuse but to me I cant see a parent forcing a child to be half naked to be smacked could be anything but abuse. It's made me such a nervous person and terrified of nuidty. I dont know how to stop thinking about it and wondering if my dad was actually doing it for other reasons.

Friday

I know some people on here dont see spanking as abuse but to me I cant see a parent forcing a child to be half naked to be smacked could be anything but abuse.
- And people who were locked in closets, or basements, for days and weeks to starve and freeze often have a hard time seeing timeouts as anything but abuse.

- And people who were verbally and emotionally abused often have a hard time seeing “having a discussion” or “talking about choices” as abuse.

- And people who were forced to kneel on rice to pray about what they did wrong until their joints were destroyed (or any of 50 other variations) often have a hard time seeing religion, “praying about it”, or “getting right with god” as anything but abuse.

- And people who were raped at bedtime often have a hard time seeing “goodnight kisses” as anything but abuse.

- And people who were taught to use bleach and razor blades on their privates to clean themselves because women are dirty and evil, often have a hard time seeing “feminine hygiene” as abuse.

It doesn’t matter WHAT “it” is... if an abuser is using it to abuse? It’s abuse. Even if most people wouldn’t -not in a million years- even think to use it that way. Nor is that what they mean when they’re talking about it. Because they’re not abusive, nor abusers, and they’re using normal words to describe normal things, NOT normal words to hide the abuse they’re committing.

mshienie

Learning
Hello, I have been through some of the same problems with childhood trauma, abuse is real, What are you doing to get past your hurts?