• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Belsomra (suvorexant) for sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes... I was apprehensive at first and I had a few bumpy days but it evened out and now I am getting amazing sleep.... Amazing for me! I usually only sleep about 4 hours. I am up at 3:30-4 am regardless of when I go to bed. I have always been a morning person. I also suffer from waking up and not going back to sleep. So if I go to bed at midnight and I wake up at 12:30...whelp...that is it...30 minutes... This medicine makes me go back to sleep when I wake up. I have taken ambien, sonata, Lunesta, Xanax....etc... nothing has worked. I am grateful for the sleep...

@Friday what do you do for bad dreams? Did you work on them in therapy? Do EMDR?
I use practical methods to get back to sleep.

When in a nightmare cycle, for example? I “make” my bed 3 times. (For luck, but I could make it 6 times if I wanted). Mattress protector. Sheet. Mattress protector. Sheet. Mattress protector. Sheet. Wake up soaked in sweat & swear? Strip off one layer (mattress protector & sheet), drop in by the washing machine -along with my clothes- on the way to the shower. Rinse off. Get back in a clean/warm/DRY bed, smelling lovely. Fall asleep. Elapsed time? 90 seconds.

As long as I have clean/dry sheets to fall into? I’m Golden.

If I’m in a situation where I’m stuck... stinking of fear and rage... soaked sheets & clothes? I’m pretty much f*cked for the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back