• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Best clothing to keep you warm while sweaty all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very sweaty of the stress, I tried synthetic thermo underwear, marino wool underwear which are supposed to transport the water away from the skin and keeping the skin dry. But it doesn't work.

Everything gets wet really quickly. The only place I feel warm is under the shower / in bath or the first 5 minutes after I changed clothing. Any tips?

Layers. I find my temperature changes and I am prone to being cold but when I panic I get hot.

I like silk thermals ( I find them lightest) and I wear basic thermals quite often too. Then I layer, each layer of air is a layer of warmth. Every where I do seated work or relaxation is a throw. Or quilt. If I an on my feet and cold I tell my self I am being to slow. If I an inside and still too cold I go out for a bit and then come back in: inside feels warmer.

Warm drinks also help me

Yes definitely layers. I think @Mee is right on the mark with that.

I start out with very soft cotton (high cotton count at least) and add several layers onto that.

I have found that cotton soaks the perspiration up and drys off quite quickly. That's my only useful thought into what fibre it is. Bamboo/cotton mix is my next best. But still layers.

I cannot afford silk...that would be really good though.

Last goes on the water-proof & wind-proof coat. Socks - two pairs cotton then woollen in that order. (And not tight - restricts the blood flow to the feet...that is bad for circulation).

I avoid synthetic shoes etc., they make my feet feel ugh. I try to use leather... and the boots last longer. But I do water-proof them.

I adjust according to activity levels or if I am perspiring a lot for other reasons.

Reactions: Mee
Be cause if the subject matter the advert showing on this page for is full silk long johns for us 70 dollars. Cheap nope. But not really too expensive when you consider how long they last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back