• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Blocked from transgender health care

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. Partly I needed time to think and process and partly I got sick and that sucked away my energy :P

I understand why so many of you are saying move. I have to be honest, part of me is angry over that. I shouldn't have to move to be who I am. And if everyone just leaves, the problem never gets fixed. Of course, it's a lot more complicated than that.

Am I going to move? As much as my boyfriend offered, that's not an immediate solution. Jobs, selling the house, money, etc. It's just not that simple. Long term? Well, we never planned to be here long term anyway and this is confirmation that's correct. That doesn't solve the now.

I have tapped into the local trans community and that has helped. I found out planned parenthood is trying to get around what's happening. The key is you have to be an established patient. So next Monday, I'm taking a long drive to go to a Planned Parenthood that has appointments available and offers gender supportive care. And I'm going to take it from there. Honestly, I'm scared which ticks me off. I'm sure nothing will happen but people are so crazy.

In the meantime, I have job interviews to go to. It looks like I should be able to have a job soon, because I have to deal with the now. I sure as heck am not going to be "out" as trans here if I can help it. I'll remember this is not forever and I'm resourceful.

You all really helped. Just knowing there are people out there who see the situation as serious, helps.

Oh, I forgot to respond to @Friday's comments about going out of state. I am also reaching out to my old doctor. What I need though, is a regular supply of testosterone and that is a controlled substance so that does complicate things. It also gets expensive. So, first I will see what I can do here and I will go from there.

I shouldn't have to move to be who I am. And if everyone just leaves, the problem never gets fixed.

Nah you shouldn't. It sucks that in 2023 this is becoming such a huge issue all over the world like we hadn't just spent the past 100 years moving toward an age of technological and societal enlightenment.

But at the same time, it's like staying with an abuser or covering yourself in garbage. Not helpful. Painful. Useless. Rotten. Probably smelly. Sometimes the garbage has to go in the garbage.

Frankly if all LGBT people did leave do you know how much of an upheaval that would cause in every single state? Frankly I think y'all should be leaving. General strike and f*cking leave until your human rights are respected.

The US gov has no realistic understanding of how many people they're alienating (women AND every LGBT person? Fraid you've just pissed off well and over half of the American population. there are more of us than there are straight white cis men lmao.) and how destabilizing it will be once y'all have had enough and react en masse.

And it doesn't have to even be violent. Millions of people leaving at once throwing the economy into turmoil and leaving the rest of the bigots without a sustainable society? Good luck!

I hope either way you and Tat can get to a place mentally where there's not as much emotional exhaustion regarding all of this and that you both stay safe. It's not up to either of you to fix what is broken either.

You didn't break it, and outside of exerting an amount of force that is not feasible for you to physically accomplish (one person vs an entire police force and military and national guard etc) - only so much one person can do. Keeping yourself and your family safe is priority # 1.

And only you know what choice to make to best accomplish that no one else can do that for you. It's easy for anyone to say just move but you're the one who has to live your life.

Last edited:
understand why so many of you are saying move. I have to be honest, part of me is angry over that. I shouldn't have to move to be who I am. And if everyone just leaves, the problem never gets fixed. Of course, it's a lot more complicated than that.
I’m surprised it’s only a part of you that’s angry. You shouldn’t have to move just to get care! This whole situation is ludicrous. How does one man get to decide for an entire state what’s right or wrong? Why does he get to make a decision about anyone’s medical care. Attorney General seems like his title says he qualified to be … an attorney not a physician.

I know it’s more complicated but we live in the US where HIPPA exists in hopes of protecting you and yet apparently your medical care and that of other transgender people is not between you and your physician it’s between the attorney general and no one.

I hope one of the sources you’ve found pans out for you and it ends up being less complicated than it seems but more than that I hope your AG gets thrown out of office along with his ruling!

Last edited:
I know it’s more complicated but Al’s we live in the US where HIPPA exists in hopes of protecting you and yet apparently your medical care
Yeah that's basically gone now. Roe vs Wade was absolutely more than just abortion (this law was about the constitutional right to privacy, and deeply concerned with medical data) so get ready for all your personal and medical privacy to be up in the air when it comes to contentious shit like abortion or HRT

I just want you to know that I'm so outraged over this and I vote to combat this type of law whenever I can. I am upset and saddened over mistreatment of people who others are afraid of for some unknown reason. I'm simply disgusted.

Back