• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Blood Pressure Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

since2001

New Here
Hello. Whenever I have to interact with my abuser, via text/email/other, my blood pressure & pulse spikes. I take a beta blocker as needed, but cannot pre-empt some situations. Just now it spiked to 151/93 & 95bpm. It feels awful when this happens. I get so shaky and weak. Twenty-one years of this. I'm tired.

Does this physical reaction have a name? What are your tips/tricks to manage it? Thank you very much.

Background: CPTSD stemming from 8.5yrs with physically/emotionally/financially abusive ex-husband & an additional 12.5yrs of "co-parenting."

I'd go with, stress reaction, possibly panic response. Can I ask - how long does it take you to get it under control again? Do you have a routine that works well for that?
It can last anywhere from 1-15m. I take 20mg Propranalol when I expect it, but otherwise take it when triggered and sit down somewhere quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back