• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Boyfriend with PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferlina

New Here
Hey guys,
My boyfriend used to work as a paramedic for years, and he had some jarring experiences and saw some unfortunate things. That made him take treatments, and he successfully transitioned to other work in Toronto, where we live.
Everything was all good for a while. I was all-around a fantastic person who was fit and had lots of friends. But after two years, he is plagued by bad dreams, lousy sleep and severe anxiety if he does not stay very active. Sometimes he gets emotionally distant, which is difficult for me and us.
I know I'm in a relationship with a person who has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. But, I really want him in my life, and we both are committed to the relationship. Does anyone have any advice on how to support him and myself? I would like to hear from someone who has been in a similar situation and how you helped your partner and how you dealt with the ups and downs without distancing yourself and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re in the right place. All of here in the supporter section love somebody with PTSD.

If you look around this part of the forum you’ll find a lot of discussion about being in a PTSD relationship. The first thing I’d read is this. The ptsd cup explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back