• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Brad Reed, LMHC - Intro & a question I'm researching for a Study Proposal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm a Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor & would greatly appreciate your feedback on a QUESTION (see below.)

Intro: I went back to school at 55 years old to earn my Master's in Clinical Mental Health based on the success I've seen with clients, and personally had, using Tapping techniques like Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT or Tapping.) My BS is in Electrical Engineering from back in 1984.

Why I'm Here Right Now: I'm currently putting together a Random Control Trial Study of a novel, new, Tapping based intervention that appears to be very rapid and highly effective at "removing the emotional charge off of traumatic memories." The purpose of the RCT is to confirm the anecdotal evidence I have and to quantify the efficacy of this psychotherapeutic, trauma-focused intervention that I have created. My plan is to publish the study results in a Peer Reviewed Journal. As a clinician I have worked with many clients with both clinical and sub-clinical levels of PTSD, or Post Traumatic Stress Injury as I prefer to call it.

QUESTION: I'm looking for your Thoughts & Opinions on what you have found to be THE BEST "thing" or "intervention" to help you reduce your C/PTS symptoms? I'm specifically looking for an intervention of some kind that I can implement as part of my RCT study that should "deliver the best possible results" QUICKLY, and preferably from a SINGLE (one time) application of the intervention in a 30-60 minute period. I know that is a HUGE ask, and I'm hoping some of you can offer some suggestions based on what you, or people you know, have found to be especially "fast and effective."

>IF< I can find a good answer (that has some peer reviewed published studies to back it up) I may choose that particular intervention as "The Treatment Intervention" that I'm comparing with my new intervention in the RCT study.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND FEEDBACK!
Brad

Just to clarify…
QUESTION: I'm looking for your Thoughts & Opinions on what you have found to be THE BEST "thing" or "intervention" to help you reduce your C/PTS symptoms? I'm specifically looking for an intervention of some kind that I can implement as part of my RCT study that should "deliver the best possible results" QUICKLY, and preferably from a SINGLE (one time) application of the intervention in a 30-60 minute period

Are you looking for something that’s

- repeated 1-2 times per hour 24/7/365 PRN
- a 1 time application with long term / lasting (??) results
- a STFU crisis intervention

(??) IF a 1 time application for long term results, what’s your definition of long term?

suggestions based on what you, or people you know, have found to be especially "fast and effective."
Fast and effective at what, precisely? PTSD doesn’t exactly have a short, or even thematic, symptom set.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back