• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Braving negativity-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakadlangitok

Confident
Hello-

I have recently been brave enough to post some You Tube videos. It's been hard because I have always felt so insignificant and worthless since the PTSD. The massive amounts of shame.....

My friend saw it and commented that I do not look good on videos, that I am much better in person. (I am not that good looking in person, so.....)

The subject matter on the videos was serious enough that I had hoped it would overlook my natural uncomliness. It was very hard and took a lot of bravery to do them because I generally hide away and isolate. Now I feel really bad and want to take them all down. It just makes me feel like I am as worthless as I feel..........<sigh>

What would you all do?

Be proud of yourself, you took some risks. I would leave them up.

I am sorry you have to deal with so much shame in your life and negative self talk.

I hope you get the help, support, and resources you need to turn this around for you and make you feel better. Hugs.

Hi Pakadlangitok,

Honestly, be true to yourself and if you posted the videos because you felt the message was important, then leave them there. Yes, it is brave to step out of your comfort zone and take a chance in doing something that would make you feel uncomfortable.

Being uncomfortable or unsure of yourself is perfectly normal, and just work on refuting the feelings of shame and worthlessness. Those feelings are the ones that you need to overcome and each time you push yourself a little and confront those feelings, the less power they will hold over time.

You did a good thing in taking steps to be less isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back