• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cabbage soup and change to healthy eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach123

MyPTSD Pro
Cabbage soup and change to healthy eating.

I can't begin to explain the changes this wrought. I don't do that diet, but the soup is the mainstay of my diet now.

First of all I don't feel GUILT about eating! Think about that for a minute. How about SHAME about food?

I'm not saying it has to be cabbage soup so please don't tell me why you can't, or why it won't work for you , do we all know what that is? If you want to hear people come up with reasons they can't do anything, just suggest something positive.

My ED was staying thin by a combination of non foods and junk, which made me not hungry and very unhealthy.

The body needs to digest food that's what its made for. The cabbage soup takes the body work to digest it and in theory is negative calorie meaning it burns more calories digesting it that it contains. So you can eat about five times a day and lose weight.

Every single thing just about, improved when I started doing this including, (probably most important for me) I started getting nightly erections again. I’m over sixty.

I still could shrug it off like any positive until my wife, who rejects out of hand anything I’m into, called it a miracle food.

Having it as a diet staple, and a go to when hungry, spun off into more and more healthy eating and behavior. It’s just a win win win.

But like I said anything positive? People make excuses, the standard “glad that works for you” without trying , perfect. My daughters was great, I don’t want to use the microwave to heat it up. I didn’t say anything, why bother?

But it’s working for me/us. My wife still resists it, but she ate enough of it to call it a miracle? and believe me, it’s a miracle she said it.

Sure,

As an interesting aside I(to me lol) started taking a pro biotic a few weeks back and I have been having everything “go through” me ever since. (Not 100 percent sure it’s that but probably) I don’t mind, but I lost about 10 lbs . (165 lbs) My wife says I’m ok. When I was using, and I got to this weight, people would comment and it made me uncomfortable. I don’t feel comfortable losing any more weight.

You know what is really cool @Mach123 ? I heard something on that trauma conference that they know now people's bodies metabolize foods differently, so for example people who eat a low omega 3 food may actually metabolize wayyyy more of the omega 3 out of it, and therefore not do well with an omega 3 supplement. One sister and I feel sick taking them, might be why, don't need it.

It sounds totally gross but I need to eat 3kg of a combination of pb/ margarine per week on top of food to keep my weight up, and in the past at least never had high cholesterol. So really, if there are good choices there for your family, who knows, re the cravings? I likely lack collagen, well I know I do, and fat is a precursor. Funny thing is, my dad and his mom had the same craving.

Any recipe for borscht..? :):laugh: Love beets. :)

Good for you to feel comfortable in your own skin and choices! :)

No but I got the bright idea of running beets through the juicer once, they come out the same color they go in. I almost fainted.

Are you up for putting up the recipe again @Mach123 ? I reeeeaaaallly want to try it and I have a whole cabbage in my fridge.
Thanks for sharing!

BTW I add any kind of cheap white wine, about a third of a bottle depending on how much you make. I fill my 8 qt instant pot. 3 bottles for 15 bucks locally, which helps it a lot it I think. Also a couple teaspoons of minced garlic and horseradish. Otherwise I don’t change it. I use beef or chicken broth. I’m going to have some lol.

BTW I add any kind of cheap white wine, about a third of a bottle depending on how much you make. I fill my 8 qt instant pot. 3 bottles for 15 bucks locally, which helps it a lot it I think. Also a couple teaspoons of minced garlic and horseradish. Otherwise I don’t change it. I use beef or chicken broth. I’m going to have some lol.
I think I am going to make it today.
Luckily we have plenty of white wine which we don't really drink. Got given two boxes of it, a year or so ago and we still have one left.
Thanks @Mach123

Another blender phase, I tried to “liquify” the cabbage soup but, it didn’t really liquify?

I got a hand held blender for Father’s Day and I’m using it. I know I’ve written about my “juicer phase” which was just me “trying to get something to make me well again”. It didn’t, it turned me orange.

Right now I take a banana or two, organic apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemonade, OJ, bitters, and honey, blend it and drink it. I like it, I like sour. Not too much vinegar or lemon juice, but some every day. Quite a bit of honey. I’m working on “mega dose” vitamin C, I just can’t get around to it. I think my fingernails are better which are so badly ridged they split and I have to keep them short or they catch everywhere.

That's great! Eating healthy is one of my favorite things.

I eat cabbage daily. It's not in soup, though because I always expect to be hungry after soup even if it is filling soup. I lightly steam carrots, cabbage, green onions and kale - mostly carrots and cabbage - in a big steamer pot and put the mix into the fridge to later mix with quinoa, eggs, beans, nuts, etc. That veggie mix typically ends up in at least two meals a day.

I pretend it's Japanese, Thai, Mexican, Italian or whatever depending on whether I have pesto, peanut sauce, salsa, Tamari, or whatever.

I think my favorite is Tamari, peanuts, veggies, quinoa and pineapple (canned in juice bc I am too lazy to cut up pineapple). It's good stuff, plenty filling and inexpensive healthy food.

So far, the food police hasn't come to my house to tell me I am mixing foods from different cultures, so I just keep going with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back