• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

can a person have different types of dissociative states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope4us

Policy Enforcement
i know that i dissociate at times, but i don't have dissociative identity disorder, i don't feel like there's more than one person trying to take over me. But i remember a few different times when i was dissociated but it felt a little different than some of the other times. sometimes i just feel completely blank, and mono-tone, and don't show any emotions or have anything to say about anything, just keep zoning out. and than there's been a few other times when it felt a lot different. I was actually more talkative than normal, i laughed a lot, but i felt like i was in a dream, like everything was "less real", almost like i wasn't inside my body, and had no control over my actions, and when i looked in the mirror I thought i looked different. my face seemed more sunk in, and my eyes just looked like i just "wasn't there" , I looked completely "out of it" like i was gone. one of them was actually kinda enjoyable. is this normal to have different "types" of dissociation? is one of them depersonalization, and one of them is derealization? can you have one without the other?

You're overthinking this, I think.

You just got out of DV. It makes sense your anxiety is super high, so is the distress so much heard in your posts & posting pattern.

Also makes sense you're spacing out / attention is so outta whack. Anxiety that high, alone, would do that.

Dont go looking for what is wrong. And what ELSE is. Look for what calms you. For what comforts you. Makes you happy. Takes your mind OFF all the bad.

A lot youre going through might calm, then... and what doesnt and remains you will be lot more stable to handle.

is this normal to have different "types" of dissociation?
Very normal in your situation.

They aren't so much different types of dissociation, so much as different degrees - people can be 'mildly' dissociated, 'severely' dissociated, and everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back