Can you reduce hypervigilence and dissociation alone?

I am trying to keep taking steps to control my practical situation, but the amount of stress in the last week has been enormous. Last few days especially.

Since yesterday, I can't come out of it, even with medication for panic that helps like 1%.
It feels like my body is fueled by so much adrenaline over and over that calming a tiny bit isn't enough, because then there is a next dose of adrenaline produced by the stress that I can't avoid.

Everything is hyper all the time, louder, intrustive, brighter, closing in on me. I constantly feel like I'm swimming, like I'm in a dream and I can't wake up, that feeling of being present, but being a bit outside of your body and unable to get full control. Like my mind knows the steps I need to do and because I break them down to baby steps, I do some of them... but it takes me extra effort to do anything.
Really, most of the time it feels like it doesn't matter what needs to get done so I don't get evicted, my body has its own agenda too. Every once in a while I go out, or touch something or hear something and get randlom flashes from my past, which hasn't happened in a while. It feels like I'm in a corner. My past wasn't the greatest, my future prospects in the next weeks make me nauseous and afraid, and so being present doesn't seem that joyful and I'm just swimming through it half-aware most of the time.

I know great reasons to be the most proactive I can be right now. But all those reasons are burried under that distancing myself from everything. Like I'm moving someone else's body and doing someone else's tasks.... It would be disconcerning if I could fully feel it. And when I can feel it I can't stop crying.

I need to save my practical life and avoid eviction. Yet here I am, my mind bouncing around frantically like it's haviing a game.

How do I come down? I don't see a practical solution to my present, I don't see getting to the future, and I can't make myself be serious enough to be fully presend.
How do I come down from dissociating?

I am trying to keep taking steps to control my practical situation, but the amount of stress in the last week has been enormous. Last few days especially.

Since yesterday, I can't come out of it, even with medication for panic that helps like 1%.
It feels like my body is fueled by so much adrenaline over and over that calming a tiny bit isn't enough, because then there is a next dose of adrenaline produced by the stress that I can't avoid.

Everything is hyper all the time, louder, intrustive, brighter, closing in on me. I constantly feel like I'm swimming, like I'm in a dream and I can't wake up, that feeling of being present, but being a bit outside of your body and unable to get full control. Like my mind knows the steps I need to do and because I break them down to baby steps, I do some of them... but it takes me extra effort to do anything.
Really, most of the time it feels like it doesn't matter what needs to get done so I don't get evicted, my body has its own agenda too. Every once in a while I go out, or touch something or hear something and get randlom flashes from my past, which hasn't happened in a while. It feels like I'm in a corner. My past wasn't the greatest, my future prospects in the next weeks make me nauseous and afraid, and so being present doesn't seem that joyful and I'm just swimming through it half-aware most of the time.

I know great reasons to be the most proactive I can be right now. But all those reasons are burried under that distancing myself from everything. Like I'm moving someone else's body and doing someone else's tasks.... It would be disconcerning if I could fully feel it. And when I can feel it I can't stop crying.

I need to save my practical life and avoid eviction. Yet here I am, my mind bouncing around frantically like it's haviing a game.

How do I come down? I don't see a practical solution to my present, I don't see getting to the future, and I can't make myself be serious enough to be fully presend.
How do I come down from dissociating?
I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling overwhelmed and experiencing dissociation. It sounds like you're dealing with a lot of stress and it's impacting your ability to focus and engage with your present circumstances. It's understandable that this would be concerning and draining for you.

Dissociation is a common response to overwhelming stress or trauma. It's a way for the mind to protect itself by creating distance or detachment from the current situation. I'm wondering if you've experienced dissociation before, or if this is a new experience for you?

It's important to remember that dissociation is a coping mechanism, but it can also be a signal that your body and mind need support and self-care. Have you tried any grounding techniques or strategies to help bring yourself back into the present moment? Grounding exercises can help you reconnect with your body and surroundings, which may provide some relief from the dissociation you're experiencing.

Additionally, have you considered reaching out to a mental health professional to discuss your symptoms and the level of distress you're experiencing? They can provide you with a more personalized and comprehensive plan to help you manage your dissociation and the stress you're facing.

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to practice self-care as much as you can. This might include activities like deep breathing exercises, engaging in sensory experiences (such as listening to calming music, touching and feeling different textures, or focusing on the taste of a favorite food), or engaging in activities that bring you joy and help you feel grounded.

Remember, it's important to be patient with yourself during this challenging time. Taking small steps towards self-care and reaching out for support can make a big difference. How are you feeling about trying some grounding exercises or connecting with a mental health professional?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back