• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can you take xanax .50mg with prozac 20mg and gaba together for ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

danney

New Here
PTSD and I am in Trauma therapy/counseling as of two weeks ago. I was prescribed Xanax .25mg as needed (Usually I need 2x a day .50mg, or sometimes 3x a day =.75mg) I also take 20mg of Prozac and 50mg of lisinopril (Bp). I just bought some GABA 500mg tablets to help with the stress and hypersensitivity. Constant state of alarm and startlement. Insomnia and racing heart rate.
I wanted to check and verify that I can take Xanax .50mg + Prozac 20mg+ GABA 500mg, without any negative interactions. My central parasympathetic system/central nervous system is a mess for the past two months as you know. The PTSD Trauma counselor has confirmed through several assessments that I have had prolonged non-treated PTSD. So we are working on it with Prolong Cognitive Therapy.
I know that the Xanax and Gaba might intensify the drowsiness and calming effect but is their any serious medical concerns.
Thank you very much,

I wanted to check and verify that I can take Xanax .50mg + Prozac 20mg+ GABA 500mg, without any negative interactions.
This is the kind of thing you really need to check out with a health professional (your pharmacist or prescribing doctor) rather than trusting it to strangers on the internet whose credentials you have no way of verifying.

Agree with @Friday and @EveHarrington - no one here can tell you if that’s safe.

My opinion? It sounds dangerous.

But you really should talk to your doc - the Xanax should be doing what you need it to do, in terms of calming your system down. If it’s not, then they can try you on other benzos. You adding your own Gaba to the mix isn’t a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back