• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can't find a therapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best therapist I found wasn’t listed as a “PTSD Therapist”. Instead I met with him and liked him. As it turned out he had some experience in the area and gave me the best help I got. I guess my point is maybe try some out and maybe you’ll find someone who can help you.

You may have to extend your search a bit.

I had to drive or ride a train for 5 hours to find a trauma therapist who worked with my stuff. I started local, and then just kept stretching my search area larger & larger.

You might also consider finding a PTSD trauma therapist who will do video chat...some do internet counseling. That might be an option for you, too. But, @EveHarrington's suggestion of looking at the Psychology Today site has a large listing of psychologists you might want to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back