• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

MVA Car accident no control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years ago i was involved in a car crash, I was with my room mate and was going to the doctors, then we were struct by a old man, it was 100% his fault, My room mate was driving, i was the passenger. It was not her fault, and the lack of control I had over the situation left me in a bad way, atleast if i was driving, even if it was not my fault, i could have done something.. or atleast feel in control. I can not drive due to medical reasons.

So once my room mate got a new car, she drives me most places, i am on dissabilty, and can not get my liceance. It's a physical thing and PTS from a Shooting in 2005 oct 21st. So i alrdy sufferd from nerve damage, and am not allowed to get a liceance.

Once my room mate got a car replaced, i needed drives again like before, to the doctor, to the store, to anything i want to do i completely rely on others, mostly my room mate.

when i got into a car again, and we went onthe high way, even tho the crash was only 20-30 km/h's or less, when i felt the car speed up, i got uncontrolable anexitys. This is still something i deal with daily. The crash was over 2 years ago now. the feeling of panic and no control is a daily burden, as i have nerve dmg was a prior event. So when i get upset, stressed out or anything i get great pain in my right hip. The car crash ihurt my left shoulder (Really bad it has a tare and is yet to recover much) and a bad left knee that is still bothering me, i am 32 and i weight alot, like 350+ pounds, so my knee's were fine, now it's not and im noticing it more all the time.

We try'd to find the man who hit me, we could not, we just knew he wasw 79. so when i looked into my problems, i defiently am experiencing more PTS. My shoulder hurts when i walk, when i WALK after 1 minutes it hurts so bad... ive been 2 almost 3 full physio Blocks,
(16 appoints x 3). i tryd some shots in the shoulder, and it didnt help. the psysio barely helped at all, only for a small time after i would get a "tenz" type machine, soon later it was back to a bad shoulder.

my therapist i like just retired, and it's really bring me down, i was comfortable with him, now there is nothing. it took me 3-4 just to get comfortable... and i am sueing this guy who hit me, it just doesn't seem fair.. any money is not worth this pain and anexity i feel... i can't be driven somwere without pain inmy shoulder and i anexity attack, as i have depression and anexity and am taking alot of medications. they help some... i can not throw a ball around, i can no longer swim, i can not play basketball or throw a football around, witch was basically me only exercise i did. this are no longer an option.

It just seems like the world is so unfair to some people, i had no control over this and my life is changed forever, I had no say in what happend, or control of any type. now i feel this awful PTS come over me in cars.. i felt like i needed to reach out to some people, maybe some with similar issues and we could get some advice of what you did, or something that helped being able to feel safe in a car again... not have pain while walking, being able to do the limited stuff i could do, I was alrdy limited, now i am limited of the limited.... witch is null. If anyone had any advice for me i'd be very greatful.

*Mark Philip

I have been in accidents while others were driving and me as a passenger and then i was in a pretty bad one that essentially was my fault and I look back and see ways i could have been more careful. I started to have the mentality that if i drove with more caution and always was over the top careful that i would be fine. Soon after gaining this mentality i was sitting at a red light and was struck from behind by someone going 50 mph. at that moment i realized, as careful as i can be and as in control as i feel doesnt make me "safer". I had absolutely no control in that moment and nothing i could have done would have prevented this situation. anything can happen at any moment. of course i still feel nervous in certain situations but working day by day it has gotten better. stay strong, i hope the anxiety lessens day by day for you.

I also have nerve damage in my neck from the accident where i was struck from behind. I struggled with pain and it worsened my already exisiting migraines i suffer from as well as weakness in my arms and loss of control in hands at times, with my riight side being the worst ( i am right handed) I lost my career over these issues and now dont know if i will ever be able to work in my industry again. I have slowly found ways to deal with pain without having epidural injections because i feel this just masks your body telling you when you have pain and in turn gives room for more injuries to ocur. with trial and error i have found massage therapy, no strenous or repatitive movement or lifting, and wearing my neck brace vigilintly helps aleviate pain most of the time. Keep trying anything you can to make life easier with the cards you have been dealt. beleive me i still harbor anger towards what this careless driver has done to me and how my life has changed so much from this one moment. but i need to adjust to the new me and try and find as much happiness as i can from it. I have found new hobbies and this site helped a ton! dont give up. let it motivate you to new challenges and new discoveries about how to make things better for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back