• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Cardinal pell facing historical sexual abuse charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts are with the victims,
Absolutely! I am thinking of them, and wishing there was something more that I could do for them.

The courage to go and disclose is amazing, nevertheless actually going to a police station and making a witness statement.

Such incredible bravery.

And for all those ones that stepped forward to speak up, how many just couldn't do it?

And people like my parents were complicit, looked the other way, victimised those that spoke up, harassed anyone that spoke out about what was going on, and felt so self righteous in their vendettas. The Catholic church priests couldn't have gotten away with it all, unless there were so many willing accomplices.

I am waiting for the day when the apologies come for those that spoke up and out, and on behalf of the victims and had their lives destroyed.

The lay people in the Catholic Church in Australia have a lot to answer for in how they enabled and supported the child raping priests. And really nothing more needs to be said. It is what it is, and this obsessive "helping" of those less fortunate than themselves is to create and alibi for what those congregations were truly like. It is impression management.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back