• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Caution: Antidepressant Withdrawal In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodge

MyPTSD Pro
Well, I'm on day five now of taking cymbalta every other day. I just took another one about half hour ago. I felt pretty okay yesterday and most of today, but a couple of hours ago, I starting feeling pretty weird, but at least I was able to work well today. I think.

I talked to my therapist yesterday, and she had some good ideas for backup plans if this doesn't go well.

I've also been having diarrhea of the mouth and have posted a lot more than normal for me here lately. I hope I'm making sense, but I might take a break again, in the likely case that I am not. Yuck.

I feel like a literal airhead...very lightheaded and dizzy. :crazy-eye That pretty much illustrates it. I have to hold onto the banister when I'm on the stairs. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Exercise seems out of the question. But I am gonna try to plant the rest of my flowers tonight. They don't do well for long in those dumb tiny plastic things.

If anyone reads this, please feel free to comment or just wish me well. Thanks!

Not a fun ride but one I have been on too. I am here for you when you need to get it out. You can make it.

Darn, I just saw a grammatical error in my first post and I can't edit it now. I meant to say "I started [not "starting"] feeling pretty weird..." Blah.

hodge, you're doing fine. Personally, I'd rather read one of your posts that you were able to get your point made than a hundred of your posts that the point was lost because you were paying attention to the grammar too closely. My fingers are a little larger than the keys and as a result, two keys get hit quite often when I'm really aiming at just one key. If I go back and correct all the mistakes, I lose track of what I was saying. One of my favorite sayings is, "They say that the mind is the second thing to go, but I can't remember what the first thing is". It suggests that since I can't remember the first, obviously I've lost the second already. Since I can honestly say that my mind is as sharp as it always was as far as I can remember, that statement seems to re-enforce the last statement. I could go on for hours like this but, in the end I wouldn't remember why I had started talking about it in the first place. If all this is starting to confuse you, think how confused I'm getting, I'm trying to keep up with my explanation after already losing my mind and whatever the first thing was that I don't remember. I hope you've enjoyed this little trip down memory lane that I've taken you on, but maybe I should be calling it the little trip down the loss of memory lane, HA! HA! HA! If yer not ROTFLYFAO by now, you may want to consider the possibility that you can relate to my first statement, ya know??:rofl:. If you're getting a little angry because my post hasn't made too much sense up to this point, then the meaning behind my post has failed because I'm attempting to put a smile on your face. PTSD is such an ugly monster that we often forget how good it feels to laugh. If we lose the ability to laugh, PTSD has won. Even though I don't go to the therapy group anymore, that was my home away from home for many years. Occasionally, I'll run into one of the guys who was in that therapy group, and 9 times out of 10, they almost always thank me for showing them that humour helped relieve the symptoms, and then they tell me how angry they got the first time I aimed my humour at them. I remember a couple of them even got to their feet and started coming at me. Luckily, I look menacing enough that they decided it might not turn out too well. PTSD does have some really funny symptoms, one of my favorites is, "hiding in the bushes, being hyper-vigilant".
Getting off the meds can be some serious shit, but finding a reason to laugh can totally make you forget what a tough time you're having, even for a little while. And that little while might be the difference between success and failure. I hope I've helped. If not, talking about it has helped me. Thanks,
WarHippy1%:poke:

This did put a smile on my face, WarHippy, thanks. Some of your other posts have made me laugh, too. I definitely agree that humor helps. At the rare times I do laugh these days, I realize how important it is.

I can relate to "hiding in the bushes, being hyper-vigilant," though in my case, it's more hiding in the house or under the covers. Well, to be honest, I'm hyper-vigilant anywhere. Oh well.

Thanks for spreading your gift of good humor around.

You are more than welcome hodge, if my post helped brighten up your day(or night) then my post hit its mark and I can go FO the rest of the day. Thanks for the day off,
Respect,
WarHippy1%:thumbs-up:drugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back