1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cbd oil review

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by Abyss95, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Abyss95

Abyss95 New Member

Tried CBD oil. It definitely helps calm my anxiety and has a relaxing effect, but it doesn't have much of an effect on dp/dr/dissociation. If thats what you're looking for. I would say CBD oil is a luxury drug, atleast for people in Canada.

mumstheword, Multitudes and hodge like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. crushed

crushed Member

i tried high cbd oil /low thc for a while in vape form. was not satisfied. got lower cbd and higher thc. for me, i need the thc to help my brain come up with alternative thots that make me depressed.

JulietteRising and MrMoonlight like this.
  4. shimmerz

shimmerz My silence spoke a thousand words you never heard Premium Member

I use the oil. It lasts much longer and I feel it come on more slowly. It has literally changed my life for the better. I take the high THC oil to process when I am up against a large trigger. It helps me to integrate.

Sure beats the 8 mg of benzoids I was on for years.

5. Dr.Knowbuddy

Dr.Knowbuddy Policy Enforcement Banned Premium Member Donated

I have some CBD oil, mostly just give it to my dog when his seizure medicine isn't working like it should.
    I tried it for awhile an really thought it was gunna help me out. But it kinda just made me drowsy.
    I didn't notice any lessened anxiety symptoms as I was hoping for.
    Sucks cus if I smoke THC I get a full on panic attack an influx of over thinking and external stimuli that I normally wouldn't pay attention to.
    Probably more pleasant to be around and more in tune with emotions when I am high.
    For now I'm back to cold turkey. :/
    Cold heart, cold turkey.

6. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

I didn’t notice much of an effect either.

It did react badly with my prescription medication (which I take a very low dose of) and had serious respiratory suppression.

Be careful if you take any kind of prescription medication.

7. shatter eyes

shatter eyes Well-Known Member Donated

Hello Canadians.

I heard that Canada has different names for oils. I was told Charlottes Web is not available in Canada.

What names of the oil being used for your symptoms that helped?

Was it something taken as needed when needed?
    Or daily?

What kind of doctor helped navigate your dosing treatment?

mumstheword and shimmerz like this.
  8. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

I started using it (the stuff without THC). It took a month of playing with dosages but I finally found the one that worked and I am ecstatic!

@shatter eyes I get mine from Diamond CBD - CBD Oils, Vaping, Gummies, Oral Drops, and More. I think I read they ship to Canada. You can call customer service for ideas on dosages and how it words etc and they are running a free month trial right now. Plus there is a ton of info on their blog page

Bibine, RCD_VET and shatter eyes like this.
  9. Abyss95

Abyss95 New Member

OP here.

I've still been searching for a cure for my depersonalization/derealization and I came across some youtube videos that mentioned CBD. Because they've had success with it, I think I'm going to give it another try but this time in a vaporizer. Given my financial situation, it's quite the investment but if this is the key to overcoming dpdr then I'm willing to pay the price.

RCD_VET, shimmerz and Freida like this.
  10. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Learning how to be myself Premium Member Donated

So I've been trying CBD oil for a couple of weeks. Trublu brand in tincture form, 500mg strength, pure hemp, no THC at all they say. Supposedly it is legal in every state in the USA except Indiana. I got it from a local place.

It could definitely be the placebo effect but I have been a little calmer than usual over the last few days. An event took place today that in the past would probably have sent me into a screaming rage, and I was cool with it. Also my day-to-day anxiety seems a bit better.

I'm not on any meds at all right now so I don't have to worry about interactions. As always, YMMV. I suspect the placebo effect, to be honest, but I don't care - I'm staying on it.

11. Marinna

Marinna Active Member

Worked for anxiety in placebo controlled studies. Placebo may play a part, but it looks like the stuff really works!!

12. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

@somerandomguy I thought placebo too -- and didn't care! It took about a month to get it right and now I'm sold. I still need painkillers occasionally but about 1/2 of what I did before. I get mine from www.diamondcb.com they have a whole bunch of variations depending on what you want it to do

13. shimmerz

shimmerz My silence spoke a thousand words you never heard Premium Member

CBD oil has literally changed my life.

Show Sidebar