• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood Child on child sexual abuse (COCSA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio8

New Here
I was 5. He was 6. He’s only a year older than me. He’s a friend of mine. I have autism. He has also autism. We were around the same age so that was cool. We also don’t really hang out all that often. It began at his house when he started touching me in his trousers. He wanted me to touch his. I was screaming for help. I’m sure he did other things to me that I don’t want to even get into. It ended when I was 8 or 9. He was 9 or 10. I’m upset about this all these later.

I was 5. He was 6. He’s only a year older than me. He’s a friend of mine. I have autism. He has also autism. We were around the same age so that was cool. We also don’t really hang out all that often. It began at his house when he started touching me in his trousers. He wanted me to touch his. I was screaming for help. I’m sure he did other things to me that I don’t want to even get into. It ended when I was 8 or 9. He was 9 or 10. I’m upset about this all these later.
I can totally relate to why. It's a big deal because you were so young.

COCSA really affected me developmentally and I'm experiencing the negative effects still to this day.

I've found this VERY helpful personally - see what you think...

Put into youtube: 10 facts about child on child sexual abuse / mental health 101 / Kati morton

I can totally relate to why. It's a big deal because you were so young.

COCSA really affected me developmentally and I'm experiencing the negative effects still to this day.

I've found this VERY helpful personally - see what you think...

Put into youtube: 10 facts about child on child sexual abuse / mental health 101 / Kati morton
What is that video anyway?

Okay. I get it. When will we realize someone who is disabled can be abused by another disabled person?
I hear you.

i do think someone who is disabled can be abused by another disabled person. Really there are no limits (sadly) to who can abuse who (obviously not a child to an adult but I don't need to stipulate that).

I hear you.

i do think someone who is disabled can be abused by another disabled person. Really there are no limits (sadly) to who can abuse who (obviously not a child to an adult but I don't need to stipulate that).
I wanted to tell my parents years ago and now. But I feel that my abuser’s feelings are important than mine.

I wanted to tell my parents years ago and now. But I feel that my abuser’s feelings are important than mine.
I think that's a common feeling to have - not unusual. And part of what maybe makes this difficult for you is that there was a dynamic where your role was to care (have caring feelings of some kind) towards this person. Making the dynamic confusing (also common in csa).

At the end of the day, your feelings and needs are valid. They were a child too but their needs don't come before yours.

You were violated. You didn't ask for it. You didn't want it. You're experiencing the repercussions now.

Are your parents open to hearing you generally? If you told them would you feel they'd be able to listen and support you?

Could you look into therapy to discuss all this and how it's effected you if telling your parents feels too difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back