• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Christmas Delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstone

MyPTSD Pro
Back in 2011 @amethist posted this recipe. I've made it each year since. It's so good. I felt the need to resurrect it for everyone to share

Snow Covered earth Squares

Ingredients

160gms/5oz Hazelnuts
200gms/7oz Crunchie Bars
150gms/5oz Dried cranberries
100gms/4oz Mini marsmallows
300gms/10oz Dark chocolate, broken into pieces.
100gms/4oz Milk chocolate, broken into pieces
175gms/6oz Soft unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
4 tbs Golden syrup

Icing sugar for dusting

Method

1. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with a large piece of kitchen foil.

2. Roughly chop half the hazelnuts, leaving the rest whole.

3. Place the Crunchie bars in a strong plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin, so the pieces are of various sizes, but not too big

4. Place the chocolate, butter and syrup into a large pan, over a low heat and gently melt all together,
stirring all the time.

5. Once melted, take the pan off the heat and stir in the cranberries, marshmallows and broken
Crunchie bars.

6. Tip the mixture into the prepared baking tin and smooth the top using a large metal spoon.

7. Chill for 11/2 - 2 hours, until set.

8. Lift the chocolate slab from the tin and peel off the foil.

9. Dust the top with a little icing sugar, and cut into squares.

To serve at a party, pile onto a serving dish and dust with more icing sugar.

What are crunchie bars?
It's a British thing, chocolate around a toffee middle. There must be a rough equivalent on this side of the Atlantic. Sorry I'm not up on my chocolate bar varieties but there must be someone who would know.

I realize I've broken the rule about quoting a whole post, but in this case I couldn't see how to avoid it!

Woof Woof Salmon Treat. I double recipe for one a day. I roll out and cut into squares. One day will get fancy and do a dog bone cookie cutter. I bake my to crisp, put in ziplock and into her treat tin. Share with your or other pals furry friends. Cats will go at them too.

Re eggs. Yes whole eggs, I put them in with the salmon.

Salmon Delites (Wheat Free)

Ingredients:
1 Can Salmon (8 oz)
1/2 c. Minced Parsley
3 Eggs Including shells (good for calcium)
1/2 c. Flaxseeds (ground)
1/2 c. Sesame Seed (ground)
2 C. Rye Flour

Directions:
Preheat oven 375 degrees.

Mix all ingredients (except flour) in a food processor. Add flour slowly while running. The dough will form a ball shape when finished.

Place dough ball on a floured surface and knead for a minute. Then roll out into a thick rectangle (about 12"). Use a pizza cutter to cut long strips and then cut horizontally to make bite size squares. Bake on greased cookie sheets for 20-30 min.

You can bake them longer to make them harder or less for softer treats. Be aware that softer treats will not last as long as harder ones as they have higher moisture content. Refrigerate uneaten treats.

1 1/2 dozen

Warning: Your dogs will really love these salmon dog treats!

Dang my dog would LOVE those! I make her peanut butter dog treats every year for the holidays. Well this year I'm not as she still has some in the freezer and she needs to lose a few pounds (ahem). And last year I had an allergic reaction to the wheat in them as I was making them.

I don't think we have an alternative to crunchie bars here in the USA, or if we do its more of a specialty item, not something you can find on every drugstore shelf. Its ok, as I am sure I could find another kind of chocolate bar to use. I'm thinking of changing up the recipe as it is as I'm not a fan of hazelnuts. (Are they more popular in the UK? Just curious!)

Well, imagine that. There is a ready-made solution for those who might want to try this recipe and don't have access to the right kind of chocolate bars. Go to google and look up "how to make a crunchie" or "crunchie honeycomb" and there are loads of recipes. It doesn't look too difficult. Some have golden syrup, which is not easy to find over here, but some use corn syrup.

If anyone tries it, let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back