1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Chronic pain

Discussion in 'Depression & Suicidality' started by whiteraven, Apr 15, 2018.

1. whiteraven

whiteraven Well-Known Member

The bouts of pain have grown to be just too much. I can't sit or stand or do anything without being in pain. Everyone that I've been to see about it has completely blown me off. I read over and over again that our struggles are temporary and to just hang in because it will get better.

That's something people say because they don't know what else to say. I've been in emotional pain for over 50 years and it has not "gone away." The physical pain I'm having is intense at times and does NOT go away. I feel like this is the way it will be for now, and I can't do it anymore. I'm so tired of hurting.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. FauxLiz

FauxLiz Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

@whiteraven I am sorry to hear that you are hurting so bad. I understand your frustration and challenge with chronic pain.as I struggle with that as well I don't have the answer but I am here if you need to talk.

pamcoco, ladee and Mytime like this.
  4. Mytime

Mytime Well-Known Member

I understand your chronic pain. Have you thought of trying Reiki or acupuncture? Moving the energy in your body.

Freida, shatter eyes and ladee like this.
  5. whiteraven

Thanks, @FauxLiz. I just don't know what to do anymore. The pain is significantly impacting everything I do.

I won't do acupuncture. Had a very bad practitioner when I tried the first time, and I hated it.

Reiki is certainly a possibility. I am doing monthly massage, so maybe I can add that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2018
    Mytime, pamcoco, ladee and 1 other person like this.
  6. Still Standing

Still Standing Well-Known Member

Whiteraven, I understand your feelings of being overwhelmed in pain. I am also a chronic pain person...have been in pain since childhood. I am soooo sorry that you hurt so badly.

Freida, Mytime, pamcoco and 3 others like this.
  7. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight I'm a VIP Premium Member

I'm so sorry, pain can be so debilitating. I have my own to deal with at times. I hope you find something soothing...hot bath, meditation..soft calm music, scents...etc.

Mytime, pamcoco, ladee and 1 other person like this.
  8. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member Donated

I am so sorry that you are struggling so with pain and then on top of it for "professionals" to blow you off. It so hard to find the right person willing to listen and help seek answers. I have been going through this as well. I think i have finally found a good dr. I hope that you can find someone, something to help relieve the pain. It is exhausting.

Mytime, pamcoco, ladee and 2 others like this.
  9. whiteraven

Yes, it IS exhausting. Sorry you understand, but glad you found a doctor that will help. I've gotten to the point where I don't trust any medical professional; every single one I've had has done something that tells me they are not trustworthy.

Freida, Mytime and pamcoco like this.
  10. ladee

ladee All the hard work has been worth it ! Premium Member

I too, have chronic pain. There are days all I want to do is stay in bed. Some days I do... but that gets old. The weather plays a part too. And my house is either too hot or too cold... I am going to pain management, which helps in some ways, but have self educated on things to do that help.
    Walking helps a lot. Getting out where there are no people and just being in nature helps. It relaxes me. I have so much to do in the house, it's getting ahead of me.. but washing dishes takes forever if I let them pile up. Wash some, set some, you know how it goes... w

Essential Oils and the heating pad helps... and I am on pain meds... get tired of being foggy brained and just feel overwhelmed by it some days. I understand.

11. Mee

Mee Well-Known Member

Another with chronic pain.

Interestingly mine is not so bad since ptsd. I think it's because I am living mainly ’in my head’.

Dr blow off stinks and I think is a part of issues if believability in reporting abuse and stuff.

Freida, pamcoco and ladee like this.
  12. shatter eyes

shatter eyes Well-Known Member

I am in same boat. Got referred to pain program. Long wait list.

Pain signals travel by nerves and the brain processes the signals.

2 supplements that really help are Magnesium BisGlycinate and L-Glutamine. U can get in vitamin/body building stores.

The magnesium calms nerves from over firing signals. And L-Glutamine helps body make GABA which calms excited signals. Hope it helps you.

Freida, jade53, Mytime and 3 others like this.
  13. pamcoco

pamcoco PiEcES oF mE Premium Member Donated

Ugg. I feel for all of you. Don't know that I have chronic pain although I am chronically in pain. So bad this week I again was triggered. My health issues and assaults coincided so they trigger each other.

I also don't trust doctors. One of my assaults was by my gyn and then I was dismissed when I filed with the medical board, so obviously it's a big issue for me.

But, I have been to numerous doctors in the last year and feel blown off too. So sick, I started taking tests on my own, for instance I went to the lab my medical group uses to take a lyme test, but ordered it online on my own. I received a call from the county dept of health informing me the test concluded I have Lyme and that I needed to register with them. When I foolishly informed my doctors, I was told that the medical group does not treat lyme, immediately tested again, of course, to conclude I don't have lyme.

I don't want Lyme, but I know I am diagnosably ill and just need help.

Anyway whiteraven, recently I remembered to prioritize listening to myself. I have never received better guidance "out there".

Hang on and be gentle to you.

Show Sidebar