• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Close Friend Grieving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portabella

MyPTSD Pro
A close friend of mines girlfriend passed away and he is really struggling. He is really in a mind f%@$ situation and I listened to him this morning for a long time via telephone. I told him to call if he needs and I am sure he will be calling again tonight. This is hard, I have no words to make him okay. I cannot visit him at this time due to my arm, he lives in Cheyenne, Wy. and I really know he needs me right now. This is really sucky. She was only 23 and left behind a little boy of 4, she was a single parent. My stress meter is way high.

My condolences to your friend, that is very sad, especially for the little child left behind. Just the fact that you are willing to listen is really awesome, to be honest I don't think there's much else you could do even if you were there. He's got to go through his grief on his own... but having an understanding ear is very helpful, I know that from personal experience. At least you aren't ignoring or avoiding him (which hurts like a bitch), that is really kind and generous of you considering you have your own issues and are stressed out. Make sure though you don't get overly involved or overwhelmed by his grief. You need to take care of yourself too.

Thanks for the advise BG. I really feel bad. He went through a horrible breakup with his last girlfriend about 2 years ago and was totally devastated. He felt that this could be the one, however they had a fight and he cut off the relationship last Tuesday. She died Thursday, she had a seizure and drowned in the bathtub. Her mom called him Friday morning to let him know. The little one is with his biological father now in Wisconsin. He is carrying so much guilt, he feels like it is his fault for upsetting her. I wish he could come here for a bit.

Wow... left behind a child... that would suck. Just know port, you can't fix him, but to be their to support him is what matters the most, whether that be in person or by phone, internet, etc, support is just being available to a person, and support means the difference between life and death at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back