• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

COBRA - US

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
Anybody here have to deal with losing health insurance and taking up COBRA until they got new insurance through another employer? I didn't think I qualified, but apparently I do and my employer canceled my insurance through them but hasn't been in touch at all with me. It's been over 30 days.

Wondering if there is anyone who is familiar with how this works? The only time I've gotten COBRA was when my position was terminated by my employer a long time ago and I think I was covered under their insurance until it kicked in. I'm completely uncovered at this point.

I’m not super familiar with it because it always seemed so expensive, but have you contacted COBRA directly? I’m sure they have someone who can walk you through the process.

I’m not super familiar with it because it always seemed so expensive, but have you contacted COBRA directly? I’m sure they have someone who can walk you through the process.

Thank you! I have all the info to call someone, but I have to send paperwork to my job about the 401k, so I think I'm going to ask about COBRA then. I HATE having to be in touch with them.

I think it is retroactive. Mine was. I forget how many days you have to sign up for it.

According to the info I found, they have 14 days to send me info after they contact the insurance company of my resignation. No one has contacted me and it's been almost 6 weeks.

I'm having trouble addressing this; I do NOT want to have to contact that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back