• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Assault Cocaine-fueled Anger

• Thread starter Deleted member 31998
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 31998

I have had a lot of problems finally coming to terms with this. This happened between the last week of June and the first week of July this year. I was visiting a friend who was doing a lot of cocaine and has always had a problem. He wouldn't let me leave, even though I was trying to escape the room. I started screaming for help and he grabbed my shoulders really hard which made it worse.

To top it off when I screamed again he angrily grabbed me by my face and dragged me across the room, which resulted in one of the lenses of my glasses popping out and internal bruising on the left side of my face. I never told anyone and it shook me up. Immediately after that I started running and went into my car and locked it. I wouldn't let him talk to me. He told me he hoped that I would commit suicide that night.

I just needed to tell someone. To talk about it somehow. To get it off my chest.

¡Hola, mi amor! I'm so sorry this happened to you.:( It sounds frightening and very triggering. At the time, were you able to get support from your husband, T, or other friends? What about now? Sometimes things happen and it is only after some time passes that we realize the full impact the event had on us. And sometimes the people in our lives don't understand why we're "still not over it already." I do hope you have continuing support around you, and you know you have a lot of support here! :happy::joyful::x3::tup:

Since this is still bothering you, and as you say, you are having difficulty "coming to terms" with this experience, what do you think is going on? Did you not have a chance to process it at the time? Did it trigger something specific about past trauma? One of my favorite people at MyPTSD, @Mal Content, reminds me to stay curious, that curiosity can be an antidote to anxiety. Can you open yourself in a gentle, curious, self-compassionate way, to ask yourself what, exactly, is still bothering you? :tdown:

En la quietud de ese momento, puedes ser sorprendido por la respuesta que brota como el agua de un manantial.

In the stillness of that moment, you might be surprised by the answer that bubbles up like water from a spring.

Cuídate bien, mi amiga; take good care of yourself, my friend. --Lola:hug:

What a horrible thing to say to someone. So glad you are out of that situation. Maybe you should discontinue any contact with this individual. To wish something like that on someone else tells me that this person's behavior is seriously lacking boundaries in their approach to those around them which is usually the case with drug addiction. Boundaries are lost and reality is distorted to drug addicted individuals. This is extremely unhealthy for you. Do you wish to truly subject yourself to this?

I'm sorry that happened to you but glad you got it out. I can relate. I was stabbed and brutally beaten by a boyfriend high on cocaine. I didn't tell anyone for years. It's a terrifying experience and I hope you feel at least slightly better after getting this out.

That is just the nature of the drug. It takes the user to a different world & if a non user has never been to that same world, they are in danger of being the next victim. This is why people who don't use should never hang around with those do. It is just not worth the risk. Now you know & I'm betting you won't put yourself in that same situation again. Learn about those red flag markers & run as soon as you see or feel the people you are around have turned into the enemy. Save yourself. Let the other person go down alone. Your life is not worth losing IMHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back