Comments please - ESA’s & Family

Flying Dove

Confident
Here are 2 things told to me. My father- why do you have dogs? They are so expensive. He pays 178 month for xifinty. The dogs are my documented ESAs. They are one reason I am seizure free. I told my father they are my ESAs. He capitulated apologized later took full responsibility Too late. We only communicate by email now. Only superficial stuff. My husband- open the car door let the dogs loose. Aka if he is in trouble or society falls apart. Aka the dogs are expendable.

I’ve been working with various different sorts of service animals for a number of years now, as a trainer for both the dogs, and the people who rely on them to live a meaningful and independent life.

My job is a whole lot easier because I’m able to accept (not “like”, not “agree with”, not “submit myself to”…just accept) that there are many people in the world who don’t understand.

That very often comes from a lack of knowledge and experience. But sometimes, it’s just their belief system. And many people hold onto it with the same amount of passion as any other values based belief.

Some people are open to being better educated. But many aren’t. These days, I work with the people that are interested, and let the rest of the world go about its business, the same way I do on polling day, and Idul Fitri, and any other values-based system that I anticipate different value-driven beliefs to crop up in.

I’m glad you’ve got a dog in your life, and even better that you’ve got a partnership working where they can help you with your health. If you can, try and accept that some people don’t get it, and don’t want to get it. And that’s okay.

You are right. The problem I have now is you could have educated yourself about this and not said or did what you did. My father has lost me forever. Was this worth it to him?

an old piece of wisdom I have remembered since i heard it:
I trust my dog when he doesn't like a person more than I trust a person that doesn't like dogs

Whatever anyone else is paying for? Is unnecessary. Instead? It’s a gift.

Including food/water/shelter.

It’s their CHOICE to make your/my/anyone’s life better, or possible.

That an ESA makes your life better? Can be 100% true. That doesn’t mean it’s anyone else’s responsibility to PAY for your life to be better. That? Is 100% on you, but it sounds like you’re on the resentment side of gratitude, rather than being grateful someone is doing for you, what you cannot or will not.

Whatever anyone else is paying for? Is unnecessary. Instead? It’s a gift.

Including food/water/shelter.

It’s their CHOICE to make your/my/anyone’s life better, or possible.

That an ESA makes your life better? Can be 100% true. That doesn’t mean it’s anyone else’s responsibility to PAY for your life to be better. That? Is 100% on you, but it sounds like you’re on the resentment side of gratitude, rather than being grateful someone is doing for you, what you cannot or will not.

Please clarify more how your remarks apply to me. Thank you

Please clarify more how your remarks apply to me. Thank you
Did I misunderstand that your dad pays for your dogs?

If so, and I misunderstood, why the f*ck do you care what he thinks of the expense?

If he does pay for them, then, what I said; someone else is paying for your life to be better than it would be without them.

So, why do you give a f*ck? Do you care how many pink shoes you buy? How many pot holders? If not, why care about this? Or anything else?

Is there more to what you say? Because I’m finding it hard to know why your father is lost to you forever when he said a comment that hurt you, heard what you said, and apologised. It sounds like he listened and learned. Which is all we can ask from people.
so either you’re being very harsh on him or there is more to this story?

I am still getting caught up in codenpency issues hung up on what ever people say. I am currently terrified. Today my fear escalated to an irresponsible level, I am trying to deal with myself. Also my flight fight fear fawn is running amuck. I have skills therapist appt 12/5 appt with psychiatrist 11/30 about change fr9m sertraline. My serum level of lamitrigine my anti epileptic drug is not therapeutic. Appt with neuroligist 12/5 to discuss changing this. My online pharmacy not good. Had to change to a pharmacy outside my plan

Back