1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Assault' started by groovilyconfused, Jun 6, 2018.

1. groovilyconfused

groovilyconfused New Member

i am desperately trying to come to terms with the events that have occurred in my life and talk about them for the first time but i have no one to talk to about this. i am really confused and dont understand what has happened to me and never have. up until about twenty minutes ago i didnt want to come to terms with the impact my trauma has had on my life and on me as a person. i would really love someone to talk to and relate to. ive never really talked about this before.

Sweetleaf and EveHarrington like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Learning how to be myself Premium Member

We're here. There are a LOT of good listeners on these forums.

Sietz, Sweetleaf and EveHarrington like this.
  4. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

I advise taking it slowly! There’s no rush, and sometimes if we let out too much at once, symptoms can become unmanageable. I’m not trying to silence you, rather I don’t want to see you end up in a bad place because you shared too much, too fast.

:hug:

Sietz, Sweetleaf and somerandomguy like this.
  5. groovilyconfused

thank you i appreciate it your advice. I believe I am going through exactly that right now. It's kind of like trauma overload and I am remembering everything all at once despite my efforts to make it all go away. I just don't know where to start and its overwhelming me...

Sietz, Sweetleaf and EveHarrington like this.
  6. groovilyconfused

i kind of dont even know where to start. i really want to heal and accept the past and forgive and move on with my life but it feels like i never will. what has happened to me controls so much in my life and has for so long that I think it has gotten out of control and I just don't know what to do next. I am seventeen and I just want to be happy. I am moving soon and I don't want to take all of this baggage with me.

Sietz and Sweetleaf like this.
  7. Sweetleaf

Sweetleaf Well-Known Member

I know how you feel >.<

Take things as slow as you need to.

If you are able to see someone specialized in trauma, like a therapist, psychologist, etc. - that would be a good idea. I know your age might make that difficult - do you have any options to see anyone who might be able to help? Would talking to a school counselor or a sexual assault victim organization of some kind, be something you would be willing to do? I know reaching out for help is hard >.< but it's important to get help, if your trauma is bothering you and creating problems in your life.

Sietz likes this.
  8. Suzetig

Suzetig Still the Staff Kitteh... Moderator Sponsor $100+

What was it that happened 20 minutes before your post that’s sparked you needing to talk about trauma? You might find giving that some space will really help.

Sweetleaf likes this.
Show Sidebar