• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Constant flashbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy27

New Here
Hi, I dealing with being bombarded with flashbacks every what seems likes every 5 mins of my day that are very bother some. Mostly auditory that evolve into full visuals sometimes not always. I have emotional flashbacks that always blindside me and I'm so uncomfortable and am angry and triggered constantly and can't seem to ground myself. I'm in therapy but it's just not helping and I'm just not myself and want these to calm down. I feel like I'm going insanse. Advice suggestions feel free.

my own flashbacks daisy chain. one memory leads to another and it can, indeed, be a hard chain to break.

my own spins on the not-so-merry-go-round tend to have an common emotional denominator. fear. anger. grief. whatever. my own modus operandi is to therapute the emotion. with fear, i might try meditating my way to "a safe place." anger i channel into vigorous physical workouts. for grief, i seek the cathartic release of tears. typically, calming the dominant emotion of the episode breaks the flashback chain.

but that is me and every case is unique.
steadying support while you find what works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back