• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Constant Nightmares Or Creepy Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyllsa

Confident
For some time now my dreams are either nightmares or very offsetting. My dreams have always been vivid and graphic, so they can be super pretty and very detailed.. this works against me when it's a nightmare.

Night after night I've been having dreams that revolve around death, loss, and survival.

An example would be that a few nights ago I dreamt I was in a movie theatre with my friend and a few other people. Then slowly, one by one, as each minute passed one person, at random, was killed with a single bullet. There were snipers up near the lights. At first you don't hear it. The play is loud and going on, but then you notice less clapping, people screaming, the gunfire. I remember I turned around to see why people were screaming and behind me, a few seats over, I see a guy look at me and we make eye contact before he gets shot. This continues and my friend, along with some other people, seem oblivious to it. I don't want her to panic so I don't say anything but she can tell I'm panicking. Eventually I crack as she shakes me to tell me what happened and as I look her in the eye about to say, "People are being shot down," her face gets contorted and explodes causing blood to spray on my face. It's like it becomes slow motion and I see where her eyes were, now bleeding and bulging, about to fall out. I see all of her layered skin being ripped off and her body falls toward me. I end up holding her torn up head and part of her body in shock, unsure of what to do. I look at the person sitting behind my friend who is equally in shock. When I think my friend is dead I start hearing her moan and try to talk. It sounds like she's crying a bit but can't because of how messed up her head is. There's blood everywhere and the warm blood starts to cool on my face.. I remember then feeling really shaky and I yell really loud begging them to shoot me. I desperately grabbed at friend, gripping random pieces of her skull as I try to pull her closer. Then everything gets silent for a split second and I hear a gunshot. I immediately wake up but I don't realize I'm still asleep. I'm panicking in my sleep and I immediately reach for my phone to call my friend. I start to calm down telling my self, "It was just a dream,” but in my dream I guess I knew my friend was dead or something. I texted her saying, “I had this crazy dream that you died,” and she never replied. I texted again and I realized she wasn’t alive. So when I finally did wake up, the same way I did in my dream, I quickly sent my friend a text while having a panic attack and she helped me calm down..

The next night it was a survival dream. I, along with random individuals, were placed in a hedge maze and we had to get through the maze. We would run through and every once in a while a guy would come in his loud car and kill us off. You knew he was coming because of how loud his car was, everyone would hear it so no one knew exactly where he was unless you could see him, but people would be killed so quickly that they wouldn’t even know. I didn’t find this a nightmare, but fun though it was a pretty gory dream haha.

Last night I had multiple dreams but the same.. I guess idea or concept followed all of them. In my dreams there was this guy on the run. Apparently he sold his liver and kidney on the black market and the one receiving it didn’t know that it was being given to them illegally or something. So the guy was trying to run from the police. First dream it was just a rumour. I was in a survival game but it took place “in real life” where civilians could sign up and participate. We had bananas of different colors to state what side we are on, had fake guns, etc. I was with a group of these people in a broken, old, building that had overgrowth in it and you could see over the old, overgrown city and sky because part of the building was broken off and such. Like an apocalypse setting and type of game. Anyways, it was just a rumour. It ended, I woke up at around 3am or 4am, then fell back asleep. Second dream I had I don’t quite remember. I think I was just on the train listening to music and an alert played on everybody’s phones stating the man was on the loose. We had a picture and other descriptions sent as a text on our phone, area last seen, and areas that may be affected by him(near by areas, based on his patterns, etc.) Some people on the train panicked, some started looking at the faces on the train, a lot of the passengers were taller than me (I am short) and so it felt like a lot of chaos and confusion with all of these people around me freaking out. When we got to the next stop it was difficult getting out. The second I got through the doors I woke up at around 6am. My last bit of the dream I was in my neighborhood walking home and I hear these gunshots and bullets flying. I look to the building next to my house and see all of these police officers lined up shooting down at a man, one man with them was not dressed like an officer. He accidentally shot the wrong guy, which was a police officer chasing after the man. I turned to see the police officer’s arm get contorted and twisted a bit as it got ripped off and his body went limp. I then turned to the police men and saw the man just standing there calmly, unaffected, and holding his gun. Though his gun looked like a typical handgun, glock 19 and wouldn’t have been able to reach the shot officer since the distance was more than 30ft. Anyways, I walked into my house and went to bed then woke up.

I don’t remember it, but throughout the night I wrote notes saying stuff like, “i feel uncomfortable but like uneasy uncomfortable. I can’t breathe. Someone is sitting on me.” etc.

I don’t know what I’m trying to get from this. I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

@Iyllsa When my PTSD first emerged I experienced similar things, and that is what partially led to my diagnosis. I would have extremely vivid and violent dreams. They had nothing or almost nothing to do with my trauma but were happening ALL THE TIME. I never quite figured out why I was dreaming those dreams especially, since they weren't related to what happened to me. But after a few months they stopped and now they only happen when I am extremely stressed. Is there something that just surfaced in your life that caused you stress?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightmares are horrible - im a sufferer too. My t told me about a psychotherapist who had conducted some work on helping ptsd / nightmare sufferers and we have worked thru this in therapy. It requires work but i have seen some improvment.
I cant add the link but if you google or you tube 'learn to stop nightmares using planned dream interventions by justin havens' - you will be able to find it. Its approx 1 hour long presentation and provides ideas etc.
Might be worth a try.

Reactions: C j
@lyllsa When my PTSD first emerged I experienced similar things, and that is what partially led to my...

This is very possible, that this may be due to stress. For the past few months my depression has been getting worse and especially in this month and so it may be due to that. I will mention them to my therapist..

learn to stop nightmares using planned dream interventions by justin havens'

I will look this up, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back