• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Constant stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJay

New Here
Hey all,

I'm experiencing stress all the time. When I'm on my laptop, walking, sitting, eating dinner etc, etc, etc. I'm just observing it, not really triggering it conciously, the stress is just there.

Does anyone else experience this as well?

I'm not currently, but I have in the past. Can you pinpoint when you started having these symptoms and if it's intermittent or consistently ongoing? Is it your job?

Hey all,

I'm experiencing stress all the time. When I'm on my laptop, walking, sitting, eating dinner e...
I can't say that I have but that would be truly awful to feel stressed all the time. You must feel exhausted. Do you have a therapist that you have discussed these issues with? It's great that you are trying to observe the stress as opposed to letting it consume you.

Hey all,

I'm experiencing stress all the time. When I'm on my laptop, walking, sitting, eating dinner e...

Can you say a little bit more? Like, how are you experiencing this? Is it physical? Or more psychological?

When I am working (I'm currently just finishing up vacation, so I've had a week of reprieve), I have an underlying sense of anxiety all the time. I am more on edge, more hypervigilant, feel less safe and more threatened, and also more depressed. I also have no sense of pleasure about anything.

What does this stress feel like for you? And do you know what triggers it?

I have encountered periods off and on, especially close to the time of my injury. I get waves of it. For me, it's almost as if I'm living a horror film. I feel anxious all the time, like something bad is about to happen. That, edge of your seat, type of feeling.

The only thing that helps is my many hobbies that keep me busy and focused elsewhere. The more idle I am the worse it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back