• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cooking With Indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple Harvest Pumpkin Soup

Serves approx. 16, 4 ounce servings

Ingredients

• 2 Tblsp coconut oil
      • 1 Tblsp onion powder (optional)
      • ½ Tsp minced garlic
      • 2 Pounds aldante’ fresh pumpkin puree
      • 1, 32 ounce box of vegetable or chicken broth
      • 1, 14 oz can of coconut milk (shaken to blend well, water will rise to the top)
      • ½ Cup orange juice
      • 2/3rds Cup (Or 2 individual serving sized) Cinnamon apple sauce
      • ½ Cup half & half (or cream)
      • ¼ Cup maple syrup
      • 1 Tblsp pumpkin pie spice blend
      • Salt & pepper to taste
      • 3 Tblsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)/ additional maple syrup to swirl (optional) OR sprinkle with nutmeg (optional)

Directions

Puree pumpkin til smooth and set aside.

Heat oil in a 5-6 Quart sauce pan. Add the minced garlic, onion powder pumpkin puree, broth, orange juice, apple sauce, pumpkin pie spice and bring to a simmer stirring occasionally. Stir in coconut milk, half & half, maple syrup and bring back to simmer. Salt & pepper to taste.

Garnish with fresh thyme leaves (for adults) OR sprinkle with nutmeg OR with a swirl of maple syrup (children option) after serving in bowl or cup.

Last edited:
I made apple muffins tonight for my morning date tomorrow.

Applemuffins1.jpg

applemuffins2.jpg

http://addapinch.com/cooking/cinnamon-apple-muffins-recipe/

Anybody like kielbasa? Someone gave me some and found a recipe:

slice kielbasa thinly
Add pineapple chunks and juice
Cranberry sauce
Bake at 400 for 1 hr 15 min.

Haven't tried it yet. Anyone have an opinion on how it might taste?

@TreeHugger ok I'm embarrassed to admit. I don't know. I believe it would be farenheit. I think that's what we use in the u.s. Right?

Any americans out there that can help? I feel stupid. All I know is I turn my oven to 400 degrees.

By the way do you like kielbasa? Never had it before. What does it taste like?

I feel stupid.
Oh no, please don't, there's no reason to. I used a converter, trying with Fahrenheit (400 = 205 degree Celsius) and Kelvin (400 = 126 degree Celsius). And both temperatures would be possible, when baking, so I still don't know...
By the way do you like kielbasa? Never had it before.
Um...Same here (shy giggle:giggle:), that's why I'm so interested in this recipe... :hungry:

Sorry, that my answer took so long; I'm not fast at typing... :bag:

Last edited:
Sarma!

This is like the main croatian food for winter, you make a huge amount of it and then eat it for up to a month... Eating just that. There are even songs made about it! Like Sarma, by Hladno Pivo :P

So here is the recipe!

Take an entire cabbage head. Wash each leaf thoroughly. Remove the thick part of the stem without tearing the leaves.

Take a large mixing bowl, and combine:

• 1 kilogram of mince meat.
  • 200 grams of finely diced speck.
  • 4 peeled & crushed garlic cloves
  • 1/2 bunch roughly chopped parsley leaves
  • 3 tablespoons of soda water or a pinch of bicarbonate soda
  • 1 cup of uncooked rice
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Vegeta
    ir
  • 1 tablespoons of hot paprika.
  • 1 tablespoons of sweet paprika.
  • 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

You want each of the leaves to be about the same size so that each cabbage roll cooks at the same time. So go ahead and cut any large leaves in half, and also join two smaller leaves together as you go.

Take approx 3 tablespoons of the minced meat, and gently combine in the palm of your hand. Do not roll or compress as this will make them too dense when you eat them.

Place the meat on the edge of the cabbage leaf and roll away from you. Then tuck in the sides of the leaf gently into the meat. There should be no exposed meat. If there is remove some of the filling.

That would be the rolls, now for the sauce they will be in, it's mostly similar:

• 2 onions
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 100 grams diced smoked speck (panceta) or smoked bones
  • 1/2 bunch chopped parsley
  • 2 carrots diced small
  • 400 g pasata
  • 1/2 kilo shredded sauerkraut. make sure you give it a rinse in fresh water before use.
  • salt
  • pepper

Start cooking the cause, add some olive oil, and then the onions, cut em up beforehand.
Then when those are transparent, add the carrots, panceta and parsley. Add shredded saurekraut.

Now add the rolls, and pour in boiling water so it just covers the sarma. Add pasata and salt and pepper and so on... Shake from time to time. It's gonna cook for a couple hours, the longest cooking we've had was 6 hours, but for smaller portions 2-3 is enough. It's ready when cabbage is soft.

Anybody like kielbasa? Someone gave me some and found a recipe:

slice kielbasa thinly
Add pineapple chunks and juice
Cranberry sauce
Bake at 400 for 1 hr 15 min.

Haven't tried it yet

Okay I made this one word to sum up the taste: YUCK

@Heather
I believe the recepts are modified as the recipe gets to US, a lot of EU recipes are, and random fruit and stuff is added.

Here the thing is called kobasa/kobasica, and the recipe is much simpler. And these are great. But normally eaten with eggs, or bread. That sort of thing.

Bump... maybe this will motivate me a bit... I sort of hit a wall and got bored with what I've been cooking. Need some new recipes? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back