• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Coping with the aftermath of abuse and grooming

VanZan

New Here
Had a very abusive teacher at school and think I was groomed. I had some counselling for the first time in 2005. I have to say that I was quite negative and disappointed about what I was told to do i.e journalling, relaxation, CBT etc so shelved a lot of it. I have very little support at home. I also unfortunately do a lot of mal adaptive daydreaming.

Anyway I'm not bothered if people reply to this. I'm just trying to get one post under my belt so I can at least tell myself I did something pro-active today instead of losing myself on the internet.

I have to say, being a techie guy, the post I saw about a trauma based ChatGPT is very exciting. Obviously no substitute for a human being but still could be a valuable aid.

OK that's it...take care folks!

Had a very abusive teacher at school and think I was groomed. I had some counselling for the first time in 2005. I have to say that I was quite negative and disappointed about what I was told to do i.e journalling, relaxation, CBT etc so shelved a lot of it. I have very little support at home. I also unfortunately do a lot of mal adaptive daydreaming.
I'm sorry about this @VanZan sounds like you're looking to work through this... have you got a therapist? You can use the members diary section here to keep a record of things you want to work through. There's also a private one of you don't want others to read your posts. People are very supportive here though so if you want to share.

I've also had counselling for abuse but it didn't work. So I've seen a few different therapists. It's good to try diff people i think

Back