• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Covid Holiday Plans/Ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellSue

Not Active
What are you doing for the holidays? Do you have any creative covid holiday plans?

My husband and I thought we would make it to central Oregon to see everyone this year, at least for Christmas, but with everything that is going on, we are staying in our rural New Mexico RV for the holidays with no local friends and no place to go. This is our second holiday season away from our families. We used to see his entire herd and my parents for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last year, we had a nice dinner out and watched a movie in a small theater in Portland on Christmas (which was weird enough) but this year, we will probably be lucky if we can score good ginger beer and get Disney+ to play Simpson's episodes while sitting up in our bed. I'm not complaining - I am glad we are together. But I feel like we ought to be more creative than this.

What are you doing for the holidays? Do you have any creative covid holiday plans?

My husband and I thought we would make it to central Oregon to see everyone this year, at least for Christmas, but with everything that is going on, we are staying in our rural New Mexico RV for the holidays with no local friends and no place to go. This is our second holiday season away from our families. We used to see his entire herd and my parents for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last year, we had a nice dinner out and watched a movie in a small theater in Portland on Christmas (which was weird enough) but this year, we will probably be lucky if we can score good ginger beer and get Disney+ to play Simpson's episodes while sitting up in our bed. I'm not complaining - I am glad we are together. But I feel like we ought to be more creative than this.
So, I am making everyone a jigsaw from family photos of fun times at photo Collage.com and there family will get a mystery puzzle and will put together faces of family, familiar surroundings, travel pics, musical performances we attended, images of good times, and a quote that tells how I feel about our relationship..........cause my plans have gone south, too.

I'm also decorating my yard with lots of lights...making tomato cage Xmas trees (it takes 90 ft of wire garland and a tomato cage, w 2 strands of lights and you can go to dollar store for shiny plastic balls)....got to photos where I'll post one. Best darn xmas tree ever (stands 3ft8 in)....without a pot, and I'm making one for my best friend too.
So, I'm keeping busy with crafts.

I haven't played with my music group either, so I'll be making puzzles for them....of our group playing and eating (that's what we usually do).....and leaving at their front door a puzzle, a mini bottle of champagne, and a small bottle of pineapple/mango juice to make a mimosa.....we will all "cheers" for the holiday on Zoom.

I'm a writer by trade so I'll be doing some artistic revisions while working with a high school intern on an online business project I started a while back......having to become more online saavy these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back