• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer CPTSD Childhood Trauma...Poor memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwill

New Here
I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety from early on and now recently told I have cptsd. I have always had trouble with memory and now think it is because of the trauma. I don’t have any vivid memories of the traumas either...just fragments...but from what I’ve read the body keeps the score. I always froze during trauma, and after all the big and little traumas, i think i became hyper vigilant ...like my stress response got stuck on the on position.

Hi @Jwill welcome to the site. My stress response got stuck on the on position aswell. I understand that feeling. Always alert for the next threat. I also have a diagnosis of depression and anxiety with "a history of complex trauma". I hope you find support here. 😀

@Jwill, welcome. I can relate pretty much to everything you wrote. I hope you will find comfort here knowing you are not alone.

hello jwill. welcome to the forum.

your description fits my own ptsd, even when it was being treated as bipolar. i was pretty far into therapy before the ptsd theories formed into an official dx. everybody seemed agreed that i wasn't really bipolar, but it is what we had to work with. it was far, far better than nothing.

the good news is that, as i processed the repressed memories, my memory functions improved across the board. don't forget that your brain is part of your body. it remembers, too, whether i am busy repressing the memories or knot.

but that is me and every case is unique. gentle support while you sort your own case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back