• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed CSA By Brothers & Grandfather - 4 Sessions With T Sent Me On A Downward Spiral

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyLou

Learning
Hi, I've just joined.
I'm having a really tough time right now.
Undiagnosed depression and PTSD.
I was sexually abused by my 2 brothers when I was younger ( I don't know the ages it started/stopped)
Indecently assaulted by my grandad and a sexual assault from an ex boyfriend.
I feel like I'm stuck, I want the help...I have even filled in the self referral forms for counselling/made GP appts but I just couldn't follow through.
I once opened up to a "friend" about the abuse and she completely broke my trust by telling 2 other people.and confronting one of my brothers - he obviously called me a liar.
I spoke to a counsellor via a messaging system but as soon as she found out I was wanted to speak to get about trauma, she was very reluctant to go ahead with talking to me unless we did it in person, so I stopped. I did 4 sessions and it sent me on a downward spiral.

Welcome to the forum. It has been a blessing in my life!

I am sorry you went through the horrid abuse that you did but glad you found us! (I have a history of childhood abuse too)

There’s a lot of good info here, I hope you will get to know us. I’m not as active as I used to be but I still check in at least once a day.

Hi @LucyLou, welcome to the site. I'm sorry that your friend betrayed your trust. That's very hard. There are lots of supportive people here. I think your gp has to refer you to the mental health services. Is that what happened? Face to face therapy is now available now that lockdown has lifted.best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back