Undiagnosed CSA, ex-ED - Can’t get to therapy for now

Laguna

New Here
Hi, I’m Laguna, 22 y/o.
I’ve joined seeking a community where I can find support. Used to post in ED forums a lot through a different nickname, but I feel out of place as I don’t have one anymore, even though they have subforums about abuse, they’re not very active as the other areas.

My anorexia started at 18 and lasted a year with a few smaller relapses. That disorder made me realize that I just wanted a small body because I wanted to be like a child again, as I had been sexually abused once at age 8 and multiple times throughout the ages of 13 to 15. Plus there was bullying, my parents constantly fighting with eachother, had a very low self-esteem... It was tough.
Realizing that I didn’t deserve to hurt myself bc of the past and the care of my boyfriend, helped me overcome my ED and I was ready to get into therapy but as we’re in lockdown this won’t happen for a long time.
So I hope to feel nice for now here and get the courage to get into therapy once the pandemic is over.

Justmehere

Welcome to the forums! In many places, therapists are considered to be essential workers and offering telehealth, even to new clients. Have you tried looking into that as an option?

Laguna

New Here
Welcome to the forums! In many places, therapists are considered to be essential workers and offering telehealth, even to new clients. Have you tried looking into that as an option?
I wanted to use a service of my university where you can take a few sessions for free and if more is needed they’ll look up ways to get to get an easier access/discounted or whatever.
Because right now I can’t really spend that much, uni and rent are very expenditure already so I really was looking foward those sessions...