• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood CSA, recovered memories, and pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

HealingMama

MyPTSD Pro
Is it normal to have just plain old PAIN as you are recovering memories of CSA? It's not an emotion - not one I know how to label anyway. It's just PAIN. Sometimes it's everywhere. Sometimes it's concentrated in one area. I guess it's "emotional" rather than physical technically, but usually when people say emotional pain they are describing some actual emotion in a vague way... and I do not know what emotion this would be.

It's like if my physical body could yell, it would feel like this. It's not anger, not fear, kind of feels like the sharp pain of shame but not really. I know what shame feels like and this isn't that.

Just wondering is this a normal experience? Or could I be somehow misinterpreting what I am feeling? Thanks.

i'm not sure it qualifies as "normal," but i've experienced this phenom. it has been referred to as cellular memory, body memory and kinesthetic memory. personally, i like to call it kinesthetic memory because it's theories are far more comprehensive and hopeful than the others, but by whatever name, it be the most ethereal of my flashbacks. they are far tougher to trace or explain than the wordier flashbacks generated by my higher senses.

i'm not sure it qualifies as "normal," but i've experienced this phenom. it has been referred to as cellular memory, body memory and kinesthetic memory. personally, i like to call it kinesthetic memory because it's theories are far more comprehensive and hopeful than the others, but by whatever name, it be the most ethereal of my flashbacks. they are far tougher to trace or explain than the wordier flashbacks generated by my higher senses.
Thanks for giving me a new term to learn about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back